Boyd vs CPA

Guest bucsfootball

What a game! This is the way it's supposed to be! Congratulations to CPA. Coming out comfortable and cool in the first quarter was the difference in the game. Boyd was nervous and it showed until they settled down. My personal opinion was that Boyd should have won by 20, but with the mistakes in the first quarter it was too big of a hill to climb. Congratulations to the Bucs on a fantastic comeback effort and a great year. Neither team has anything to be ashamed of and the sportsmanship demonstrated by both teams (during the game and especially afterward) was the stuff real men are made of!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the fumble online, a very clear picture showed it was a fumble. I,m just glad the classiest team won.I,m suprised some of the Boyd players did,nt put on a side show for the opposing fans,they have done this all year. CPA had a great team but I think Boyd would have won if they wern't their on worst enemy. Just to many mistakes to overcome.

Fortunately, sportsmanship is usually demonstrated on the field. When it is not or perceived not to be, there is no lack of witnesses to the the contrary. Its on these boards where noncombatants show their collective rears. Considering the source, I'd like pujo to define the word "classiest" as used in his sentence "I,m(sic) just glad the classiest team won" in reference to CPA and Boyd. My impression was that two classy private (sorry to be redundant) schools played a game in which sportsmanship was present on both sides.

Several schools such as South Pitt,Gordonsville ,Ezell and now Cloudland have all saw some of your players lack of class. I've never heard anyone accuse CPA of this.As a matter of fact alot of people tend to agree that CPA is one of the classiest teams in the state. I've never heard anyone accuse Boyd of this. :(

Oh well the calls were made and I wish we could have come out on top but that's the way the ball bounces. It was the best football game I have ever seen. I was at the game and it was a roller coaster. Congradulations to both teams.

Let's keep the postings to the issue of the game, otherwise it quickly degenerates and it gets moved to the bottomless abyss of the Public/Private thread.

I was not aware of any bad sportsmanship from either team yesterday. In fact there is a great picture in the Tennessean today of CPA #5 Dan Williams consoling a Boyd Player at the end of the game.

Also to Boyd9's point, Boyd truly played a great game and I would not in the least have been upset had they beat us in overtime, I would however be very angry and upset had the game been decided by the incompetent official. My congratulations to Boyd-Buchanan, I'm sure the dissapointment is huge, however there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

Posted by rolltideroll:

Yeah, good point Takedown- so here is an entirely new suggestion if there is not a comple public/ private split- just get the mean private schools (i.e. Boyd) out and let us lose to the nice private schools (i.e. CPA and even Ezell) :(