Boyd vs CPA

Guest bucsfootball

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to both teams, it certainly was a game of momentum shifts.

The CPA defense got us to this point and it is very fitting that they closed it with 8 Plays in Overtime.

Extremely impressed with Nealey and Nelson. I have never seen a QB keep his cool quite as much on the run and complete incredible passes.

Whew, what a game. Agree with you assessment of those guys, but my pick was #50 Jeremy Davis. 9 tackles and 1 int. and MVP on the defensive side. Take a look at the TSSAA site for stats, photos, audio replay and story line. Me and Mom are of to the Bahamas for a week so keep the board in line while I'm gone. Hey we met the man himself, Coacht and his sidekick iamoz. They had the board up and running in the pressbox.

And bigHurt is still the very good looking one.

I missed the 1st quarter, but it did appear that Boyd had the better team. They kept shooting themselves in the foot. It was a very good game with an exciting finish. CPA did what they had to at the end to win. What a great goal line stand that was with so much on the line. It's a shame either team had to lose that game.

Congrats to CPA. I was really hoping Boyd would win, but somebody had to lose. I think if it weren't for the slippery hands in the redzone Boyd would have won the game. But I am still very glad that Boyd made it this far because this is the farthest any Boyd team has ever gotten.

Antwan,

CPA really dominated the first quarter (actually, the entire first half with the exception of the last 2 minutes of play. They had Boyd down 17-0 and had a chance to blow them out (which would have been more likely had they held in the last 2 minutes of the half).

Hats off to Boyd and Will Healy, who never stopped fighting. Healy is the best quarterback we've seen all year. They were a great team.

One thing that I think is overlooked in all this, though, is the fact that CPA really had to fight their way through 3 weeks of championship-caliber games to reach the final. I believe they were emotionally drained after defeating 3 consecutive undefeated, championship-quality teams, yet rose to the occasion one more time to win it in OT. Hats off to the CPA defense, who, once again, played with 'one heart' to give CPA the win.

CPA All The Way!

Antwan,

CPA really dominated the first quarter (actually, the entire first half with the exception of the last 2 minutes of play. They had Boyd down 17-0 and had a chance to blow them out (which would have been more likely had they held in the last 2 minutes of the half).

Hats off to Boyd and Will Healy, who never stopped fighting. Healy is the best quarterback we've seen all year. They were a great team.

One thing that I think is overlooked in all this, though, is the fact that CPA really had to fight their way through 3 weeks of championship-caliber games to reach the final. I believe they were emotionally drained after defeating 3 consecutive undefeated, championship-quality teams, yet rose to the occasion one more time to win it in OT. Hats off to the CPA defense, who, once again, played with 'one heart' to give CPA the win.

CPA All The Way!

Posted by chester77:

Antwan,

CPA All The Way!

It didn't look like they dominated the 2nd quarter. Boyd was in the red zone 3 times and did not score(missed 21 yd. FG, fumble at 5, lost ball on downs). They scored from outside the red zone. It doesn't matter, anyway. It's the final score that counts.