2023 Huntingdon Mustangs

MustangGuru

2 months away from Jamboree at Paul Ward Stadium.. 

Huntingdon has almost all of its starter back from last year and should be in contention for Region Championship... Parsons Riverside, has just as many starters returning and will be right there with Huntingdon.

With the new region including Trenton, Milan, JCM, Camden, Gibson County.. this will be a different schedule than we are used to..

our non region games of Crockett County and Columbia Academy will be interesting as I dont think we have played each other before in the regular season...

So excited to start watching and cheering on these boys!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MustangGuru said:

2 months away from Jamboree at Paul Ward Stadium.. 

Huntingdon has almost all of its starter back from last year and should be in contention for Region Championship... Parsons Riverside, has just as many starters returning and will be right there with Huntingdon.

With the new region including Trenton, Milan, JCM, Camden, Gibson County.. this will be a different schedule than we are used to..

our non region games of Crockett County and Columbia Academy will be interesting as I dont think we have played each other before in the regular season...

So excited to start watching and cheering on these boys!

You left out Adamsville in region. They won’t be a pushover and will contend for a playoff spot. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You left out Adamsville in region. They won’t be a pushover and will contend for a playoff spot. 

Yep. I have them in the 4th spot over Trenton in my pre-season poll. Depending how Trenton comes out the gate and progresses they could take the fourth spot. (only counting them out of the top 4 because of how many they lost) Don't know if I have ever seen JCM play, so I put them in the bottom 4. The top 3, Riverside, Huntingdon, and Milan will battle over those spots respectively. Going to be an excellent season!

1 hour ago, stangsby3 said:

Yep. I have them in the 4th spot over Trenton in my pre-season poll. Depending how Trenton comes out the gate and progresses they could take the fourth spot. (only counting them out of the top 4 because of how many they lost) Don't know if I have ever seen JCM play, so I put them in the bottom 4. The top 3, Riverside, Huntingdon, and Milan will battle over those spots respectively. Going to be an excellent season!

Agree. I will be watching how this region plays out very closely. It should be a lot of fun to see it unfold. I have a feeling there is going to be a pretty good football team sitting at home when the playoffs start. I remember about 5 years ago McNairy county was sitting out the house and they would have destroyed any team that region 7 played that night. Unfortunately for them, they were in the 5 spot and did not even get a chance to dance with the prom queen because they did not get to the dance.  

Edited by ManOfMillions

23 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Agree. I will be watching how this region plays out very closely. It should be a lot of fun to see it unfold. I have a feeling there is going to be a pretty good football team sitting at home when the playoffs start. I remember about 5 years ago McNairy county was sitting out the house and they would have destroyed any team that region 7 played that night. Unfortunately for them, they were in the 5 spot and did not even get a chance to dance with the prom queen because they did not get to the dance.  

Yep. It may just be my inability to keep track of other regions or my horrible memory, but I personally don't remember this many "deep run" playoff teams in one region. Riverside, Huntingdon, Milan, Adamsville, and Trenton. I think if Camden can make the right adjustments, they can be a decent team that could make this region even more competitive. Don't think they would break the top 5, but they had a pretty decent passing game last year. OL/DL needs to beef up and they could be pretty good. I wonder how young that Camden team is? Either way, you are right. Somebody that should be there......won't.

18 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

17 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I think Peabody probably has the best lineman in the region in Ace Meadows and has the best coaching staff. I think that gets them in the playoffs despite all the talent they graduated. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think Peabody probably has the best lineman in the region in Ace Meadows and has the best coaching staff. I think that gets them in the playoffs despite all the talent they graduated. Just my opinion. 

Oh yea, I ain't discrediting their ability to get there. They are Trenton and will be competitive. I have much respect for that program. I don't know Trenton like most of y'all do though, my assessment is solely based off reading how many they lost. It could very well be them in the fourth spot, but I think Adamsville could be in that spot as well. Honestly, with as many good teams in this region, it could be totally different than what I'm expecting. Anything can happen. 

Watched Huntingdon at the 7x7 last night in Camden ( I understand 7x7 don't mean anything) but I did see more speed on the field than I did when I watched them play Mckenzie last year. And judging by how they were trying to run over someone on ever play the intend to be very physical.

24 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

Watched Huntingdon at the 7x7 last night in Camden ( I understand 7x7 don't mean anything) but I did see more speed on the field than I did when I watched them play Mckenzie last year. And judging by how they were trying to run over someone on ever play the intend to be very physical.

I wish I would have known this, I live in Camden. I would have went and watched too. We may not always be the fastest, we may not be able to throw it over your head, but we sure will punch you in the mouth. 

I work with a guy from Adamsville who follows their sports programs pretty closely. He told me that Adamsville has lost its starting QB, and this has weakened their offense pretty significantly. He is thinking 5-5 record for Adamsville.  

my early predictions for region rankings.

1.) and 2.)  -- toss up 50/50 between Huntingdon and Riverside

3.) Milan

4.) Trenton

23 minutes ago, MustangGuru said:

I work with a guy from Adamsville who follows their sports programs pretty closely. He told me that Adamsville has lost its starting QB, and this has weakened their offense pretty significantly. He is thinking 5-5 record for Adamsville.  

my early predictions for region rankings.

1.) and 2.)  -- toss up 50/50 between Huntingdon and Riverside

3.) Milan

4.) Trenton

ouch! If from injury, hoping for a speedy recovery. I guess that moves Trenton up in the 4th spot for me as well.