The new Class 5A Region 5

11 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

Columbia 35

Lincoln Co 19

Not many Falcons fans on the T I don't believe, but I want to congratulate Lincoln Co on a fine season. Saw two games in the Pit. Thought the team really fought hard!

Congrats to Columbia on making the postseason. 

Kind of lowering the standards for the ole power house.  They beat 3 teams.  One a single A school with 3 wins on the year by 1 point.  Tough to see LC struggle every year.  

1 minute ago, MountRushmore1 said:

Kind of lowering the standards for the ole power house.  They beat 3 teams.  One a single A school with 3 wins on the year by 1 point.  Tough to see LC struggle every year.  

After seeing the condition they were in previous years, I think this is an improvement. They will never return to the greatness they had in the 90s but it's understandable with another school in the area. I think it's comparable to Riverdale's situation in Mboro. They will never again be what they once were. 

13 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

After seeing the condition they were in previous years, I think this is an improvement. They will never return to the greatness they had in the 90s but it's understandable with another school in the area. I think it's comparable to Riverdale's situation in Mboro. They will never again be what they once were. 

I agree 100%.  But they fired  Don Thomas the last coach to win there when things got tough and have had 3-4 coaches since then.  If they had left DT alone the program would be much better off

22 minutes ago, MountRushmore1 said:

I agree 100%.  But they fired  Don Thomas the last coach to win there when things got tough and have had 3-4 coaches since then.  If they had left DT alone the program would be much better off

I think the program would be in the same state it is in. Hard to win with the talent gap between them and surrounding areas. They do have several young players that are 9th and 10th graders who look like they are going to be pretty good, but I’m not sure they have enough of them to matter. Coaching staff tries hard and cares a lot  but is mediocre/average at best, which won’t do much to overcome the talent gap. No winning seasons since 2015, no playoff wins since ‘07. 

19 minutes ago, Snowballschance said:

I think the program would be in the same state it is in. Hard to win with the talent gap between them and surrounding areas. They do have several young players that are 9th and 10th graders who look like they are going to be pretty good, but I’m not sure they have enough of them to matter. Coaching staff tries hard and cares a lot  but is mediocre/average at best, which won’t do much to overcome the talent gap. No winning seasons since 2015, no playoff wins since ‘07. 

They beat a good stewerts creek team on the road with Don Thomas as the head coach. Second round was at home vs. Beech

25 minutes ago, Snowballschance said:

The opening of Fayetteville City has made it tougher for Lincoln County.

1 hour ago, PercyPeabody said:

I understand your point, but Riverdale has still been really good and hasn't completely fallen off the map like LC has. Your can still win a title at Riverdale, it'd take an act of God to so at Lincoln,  which is unfortunate bc I loved the rivalry the RuCo schools had with them

31 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I understand your point, but Riverdale has still been really good and hasn't completely fallen off the map like LC has. Your can still win a title at Riverdale, it'd take an act of God to so at Lincoln,  which is unfortunate bc I loved the rivalry the RuCo schools had with them

Yeah I didn't want anyone to take the comparison the wrong way. Riverdale is definitely in another category as far as competitiveness and may win a title again someday but like Lincoln Co, they will never have dynasty type years again like the 90s. I definitely miss the rivalries they had. 

46 minutes ago, SouthernTNguy said:

The opening of Fayetteville City has made it tougher for Lincoln County.

Fayetteville city opened for the 2011-2012 school year the 10 years before that they were about 10 games above 500 and were 5-9 in the playoffs. They had turned into average years before the city opened a high school 

24 minutes ago, Snowballschance said:

Fayetteville city opened for the 2011-2012 school year the 10 years before that they were about 10 games above 500 and were 5-9 in the playoffs. They had turned into average years before the city opened a high school 

Good point but the opening of Fayetteville killed any chance LC had of getting back to being a team that could contend for titles