Favorite in 4a

BigMan101

Well can't wait to see how it folds out. I may be wrong. But sure hard to see Greeneville rebounding from a thumping last year. You guys have better insite than I do. But I think both Betsy and the Mavs knew/know that needed to work harder based on Greeneville roster so they have planned to well in advance. But can't wait for this to season to start. Betsy started last season about as bad as a team could but made some remarkable adjustments and rebounded like a champion. The Mavs were behind in many games last year but we're resilient in the second half to show why they were above and beyond a State Championship at 15-0. I look for this momentum to carry over plus as they are expected to win. 

10 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well can't wait to see how it folds out. I may be wrong. But sure hard to see Greeneville rebounding from a thumping last year. You guys have better insite than I do. But I think both Betsy and the Mavs knew/know that needed to work harder based on Greeneville roster so they have planned to well in advance. But can't wait for this to season to start. Betsy started last season about as bad as a team could but made some remarkable adjustments and rebounded like a champion. The Mavs were behind in many games last year but we're resilient in the second half to show why they were above and beyond a State Championship at 15-0. I look for this momentum to carry over plus as they are expected to win. 

You don’t know Greeneville then if you don’t believe getting beat by the Mavs for the first time since 2005 hasn’t added motivation for this season and what they have back.  You will see that winning it twice is way harder than winning it the first time and how much losing those Seniors the Mavs had last year will affect a team. (It’s happened at Greeneville and Betsy).  Greeneville will be able to push the ball up field and move the ball not just by running like last year.  They looked very good throwing the ball against Maryville 7 v 7 (25-30 for the starting QB) and return a lot of that Oline from last year.  They will be ready don’t worry about that

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

You don’t know Greeneville then if you don’t believe getting beat by the Mavs for the first time since 2005 hasn’t added motivation for this season and what they have back.  You will see that winning it twice is way harder than winning it the first time and how much losing those Seniors the Mavs had last year will affect a team. (It’s happened at Greeneville and Betsy).  Greeneville will be able to push the ball up field and move the ball not just by running like last year.  They looked very good throwing the ball against Maryville 7 v 7 (25-30 for the starting QB) and return a lot of that Oline from last year.  They will be ready don’t worry about that

Let me start out by saying most of us GOONS pull for the Green Devils in 4A, but, even I have the late November 38-7 loss to AC still glued in my memory bank. That would be a BIG improvement in less than one year to be more than 31 points better? My guess, It would have to be a combination of major improvement of the Greeneville Team, and a major drop off of the Anderson County Team?

It will be an exciting season for sure! And,.................don't ever sleep on the Cyclones.....

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I am more than sure Greeneville will be ready. I pulling everything from the guy. Betsy was a handful last year. Over the years I counted Betsy out but not making that mistake this year. Greeneville should right up there. But the Mavs have lacked defense over the years and second half performance. So I believe the defense might just make difference. But I am certainly not counting Greeneville out at all.

20 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Let me start out by saying most of us GOONS pull for the Green Devils in 4A, but, even I have the late November 38-7 loss to AC still glued in my memory bank. That would be a BIG improvement in less than one year to be more than 31 points better? My guess, It would have to be a combination of major improvement of the Greeneville Team, and a major drop off of the Anderson County Team?

It will be an exciting season for sure! And,.................don't ever sleep on the Cyclones.....

I hear there might be some sleeper teams in the east but it's still Greeneville, Betsy and the Mavs. Can't wait should be another fun season. 

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I think both of those things have happened.  devils much better. AC drop off

10 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

In my honest opinion I think Greeneville returns a lot and be more balanced on O and will be better than last year and the Mavs will find out how replacing names like Martinez, Vowell, Noe, Bullock, Davis, Miller, etc aren't as easy as it seems. (Those kids could play)  It didn't help that Greeneville turned the ball over 5 times in the game, can't beat a good team like that.

It will definitely  be excited! Not sleeping on Cyclones, they have been our rivals to long to overlook them

• Upvote 3

Lot of talk about Elizabethton, but it is going to be hard to judge where they are as a program due to a really easy schedule.

Slam dunk wins:  Morristown West, Grainger, Cherokee, Sullivan East, Northview Academy, Volunteer

Probable wins:  Science Hill, Daniel Boone, Dobyns-Bennett

Likely losses:  Greeneville

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More on slam dunk wins:   Yeah you have to take every game seriously but let's not kid ourselves, Elizabethton can show up and draw up plays in the dirt and still win these games.

More on the probable wins:   Science Hill seems to have great athletes every year but they woefully underachieve as a team.   Boone beat Elizabethton last year, but that only happens on average once every 17 years.     DB and Elizabethton do not have much recent history from which to draw, but I still look for a Cyclone win in this one.       I do not see Elizabethton winning any of these games by a blowout and maybe they even go 2 out of 3.

More on likely losses:     Well Greeneville is Greeneville, just do not see the Cyclones taking the Devils this time around.