Favorite in 4a

BigMan101

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

If they win a state title bc playing Oakland made them better, I imagine that's a good trade for them. They're a little banged up right now and not sure if some key guys will be available when this game comes around. Will be the 2nd straight lomg road trip will make so enough variables to think Haywood could keep it interesting 

I think playing Oakland may have helped South Pitt win their state title a couple years ago, it definitely didn't hurt them. I'm sure Haywood will end up with a loss but it will only make them better IMO. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 12:39 PM, Kruger77 said:

Was never really battle tested until the Pearl game. It’s tough, especially when ur comes to scheduling bc a lot of teams don’t wanna play us. Getting Oakland this year was a blessing 

Haywood is a super-talented team year-in and year-out, and I don’t see anyone beating them in the west. But could the reason be that teams are unwilling to play Haywood, is because they don’t want to see their fans harassed by Tomcat fans when they travel to Brownsville?  Word is Milan had to ask Haywood to police their own fans before their playoff game last year. Most schools would rather not put their families in a situation that would compromise their safety. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ImaPutin said:

Haywood is a super-talented team year-in and year-out, and I don’t see anyone beating them in the west. But could the reason be that teams are unwilling to play Haywood, is because they don’t want to see their fans harassed by Tomcat fans when they travel to Brownsville?  Word is Milan had to ask Haywood to police their own fans before their playoff game last year. Most schools would rather not put their families in a situation that would compromise their safety. 

The Springfield Yellow Jackets have had the opposite experience with the Haywood TomCat fans.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ImaPutin said:

this is not true as someone who is at every haywood game away and home. the fact is south gibson didnt like a pocket of haywood fans that have always sat on the end of the visitor side who would cheer and have fun at the game. if you want to get the correct information during the playoff game i was told that milan tried to get the game moved from haywood to milan. with that being said i can not confirm nor not confirm the movement of the game from last years playoffs.

Edited by RTRRudy1189