5A Region 7

eers

Didn't Wilson County raise tax on alcohol and tobacco and give everyone a field house? Nobody had issues with Green Hill then. I could be absolutely wrong on that. Sumner County residents can afford a small increase of tax on alcohol and tobacco. But @eers is correct.. a nice school could have been built with leftover money given to other schools. So many unnecessary purchases were made in building that school and somehow ran out of money and couldn't do the turf field.   

3 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

Didn't Wilson County raise tax on alcohol and tobacco and give everyone a field house? Nobody had issues with Green Hill then. I could be absolutely wrong on that. Sumner County residents can afford a small increase of tax on alcohol and tobacco. But @eers is correct.. a nice school could have been built with leftover money given to other schools. So many unnecessary purchases were made in building that school and somehow ran out of money and couldn't do the turf field.   

Imagine if LC would have got a turf field before other schools could even get working water, lights, fences & bathrooms....:lol:

I never want anybody hurt in a situation like this.  I am very glad the stadium was empty when it happened.  However, I hope the county even with these new evaluations do not cheapen out and refuse to fund much needed upgrades.  Gallatin’s visitor side had needed repairs for years and they knew it.  Yet only this past year did they do something about it.  Your BoE is to blame and the county commissioners are as well.   

Edited by GWAVE1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

^^^Liberty is one school that I honestly can't help but want to see lose any time they step out onto the field no matter who they play. Just kind of as a "Hey, BOE, you cant buy one school's trophy case."

I don't think it is the football teams fault they have nice facilities or any of the other sports at Liberty creek  !  I hope success to all Sumner county schools ! Well except when they face Gallatin ! Good luck to all Sumner county football teams this fall ! Make our county proud ! 

1 minute ago, runninblind said:

I don't think it is the football teams fault they have nice facilities or any of the other sports at Liberty creek  !  I hope success to all Sumner county schools ! Well except when they face Gallatin ! Good luck to all Sumner county football teams this fall ! Make our county proud ! 

Not the teams fault. But the idea behind that whole place from an appearance standpoint is basically spitting in the face of the schools in this county that have carried and raised these communities for decades. 

54 minutes ago, runninblind said:

I agree but I will blame SCBE not the Kids ! 

Based on your stance I will assume you haven’t heard the comments from their kids in regards to their facilities vs the facilities of the others. I would agree with what you said if I hadn’t heard the demeaning comments myself.

You can’t buy wins and tradition. For that I would pick every other school in Sumner County. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eers said:

Based on your stance I will assume you haven’t heard the comments from their kids in regards to their facilities vs the facilities of the others. I would agree with what you said if I hadn’t heard the demeaning comments myself.

You can’t buy wins and tradition. For that I would pick every other school in Sumner County. 

eers, I may not have ever agreed more with ya. Whichever team is facing them, I'm pulling for.