5A Region 7

eers

This new region looks to offer a lot of good games this season. I would assume the top four will be Beech, Henry County, Springfield, and Hendersonville, with Portland hoping to fight for a playoff birth and Hunters Lane on the outside looking in. The four top teams lost some key players, but I would assume they will rebuild pretty efficiently.

Thoughts?

Eers, li think your right on with your thoughts on this. 
Beech has lost a lot from last years title run. However, with the addition of some key players and Beech’s ability to reload they will be there at the end. It will be a tough non region schedule with Collierville, Riverdale, Siegel, and Independence. In the end Crabtree  will have them where they need to be. 

Hendersonville is not saying a lot. They were young last year and should be much improved  this year. I look for them to be competitive. 

Henry County is always a tough out. They always have what it takes to be competitive. This schedule for them will be one they will have to be on their toes week to week. Counce always has them prepared at the end. 

Springfield has been very competitive the last several years, however they are gonna find this region to be more demanding than the previous. They are gonna need some guys to step it up to be competitive. I would not count them out. I expect them to be there at the end.

Portland and Hunters Lane have got some talent. They have got to believe in themselves and transfer that to the field on Friday night. 
I would never count anyone out and don’t count them out. Believing they can win will make them winners. 

All in All this region is very competitive. 
Looking forward to a fun year. 

Beech is the best program in this region  and should probably be favored to win it most years. Henry County, Springfield, and Hendersonville are all good enough to take the crown in a given year with the right team. Portland could always put together a scrappy team that makes the playoffs if one of the others has a down year. Hunters Lane is likely a basement dweller unless they score some generational talent. 

On 7/3/2023 at 10:14 PM, MSURacer said:

Beech is the best program in this region  and should probably be favored to win it most years. Henry County, Springfield, and Hendersonville are all good enough to take the crown in a given year with the right team. Portland could always put together a scrappy team that makes the playoffs if one of the others has a down year. Hunters Lane is likely a basement dweller unless they score some generational talent. 

On 7/2/2023 at 1:48 PM, eers said:

This new region looks to offer a lot of good games this season. I would assume the top four will be Beech, Henry County, Springfield, and Hendersonville, with Portland hoping to fight for a playoff birth and Hunters Lane on the outside looking in. The four top teams lost some key players, but I would assume they will rebuild pretty efficiently.

Thoughts?

The Jackets are just happy to be in the conversation 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2023 at 9:01 PM, Director said:

Eers, li think your right on with your thoughts on this. 
Beech has lost a lot from last years title run. However, with the addition of some key players and Beech’s ability to reload they will be there at the end. It will be a tough non region schedule with Collierville, Riverdale, Siegel, and Independence. In the end Crabtree  will have them where they need to be. 

Hendersonville is not saying a lot. They were young last year and should be much improved  this year. I look for them to be competitive. 

Henry County is always a tough out. They always have what it takes to be competitive. This schedule for them will be one they will have to be on their toes week to week. Counce always has them prepared at the end. 

Springfield has been very competitive the last several years, however they are gonna find this region to be more demanding than the previous. They are gonna need some guys to step it up to be competitive. I would not count them out. I expect them to be there at the end.

Portland and Hunters Lane have got some talent. They have got to believe in themselves and transfer that to the field on Friday night. 
I would never count anyone out and don’t count them out. Believing they can win will make them winners. 

All in All this region is very competitive. 
Looking forward to a fun year. 

Good summation 

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Upvote 1

Beech will definitely be in the conversation for the next 4-6 years. The sophomores were undefeated as freshmen and the Hunter rising freshmen won a county championship last year, plus you add a really good group from Knox Doss. Both middle schools should be good the next couple of years as well. The future looks bright. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2023 at 7:58 PM, eers said:

Beech will definitely be in the conversation for the next 4-6 years. The sophomores were undefeated as freshmen and the Hunter rising freshmen won a county championship last year, plus you add a really good group from Knox Doss. Both middle schools should be good the next couple of years as well. The future looks bright. 

And don’t forget about the QB transferring in from Smith…..can’t t leave him out lol. 

In all seriousness this up coming fall should have some great region match ups. 

IMHO: 1. Beech 2. HC 3-4 will be a toss up between Springfield and HV. That being said This region will sweep region 8 in the first round playoffs probably for the foreseeable future, and most likely represent the west in championship game. 

On 7/21/2023 at 3:42 PM, eers said:

Apparently H’ville just got a couple transfers in. A friend of mine said a coach at another school told him this afternoon. I don’t know the kids, but apparently they’re pretty good. 

We have big shoes to fill in, IMHO, in replacing our QB Devon Crenshaw.  He was the heart and soul of our team 

9 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

We have big shoes to fill in, IMHO, in replacing our QB Devon Crenshaw.  He was the heart and soul of our team 

I would agree with that. We’re having to replace a QB as well, but I feel pretty good about it.

A lot of seniors on lasts years team. This team will be as talented and a little more athletic I believe. Will be young, but should be pretty solid later in the year.