1-A Region 6

west10EZ

Last night was straight up ugly. WC had 4-5 turnovers. Don't think HC had any. We definitely had more penalties many deserved, some questionable. Pretty sure wr/db drew smith suffered a concussion. And we still find a way to win. We have to pull it together though. The only good news about not playing a full ballgame yet is we're still 3-1. Time to hit the Bye week and hopefully come out of the other side ready for 4 quarters of action. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 7:58 AM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Last night was straight up ugly. WC had 4-5 turnovers. Don't think HC had any. We definitely had more penalties many deserved, some questionable. Pretty sure wr/db drew smith suffered a concussion. And we still find a way to win. We have to pull it together though. The only good news about not playing a full ballgame yet is we're still 3-1. Time to hit the Bye week and hopefully come out of the other side ready for 4 quarters of action. 

Houston County didn’t have their best player on the field it looks like , I guess he was hurt . Coach Morris just finds a way to win games . He’s becoming one of the best coaches in the area . 

21 hours ago, west10EZ said:

Houston County didn’t have their best player on the field it looks like , I guess he was hurt . Coach Morris just finds a way to win games . He’s becoming one of the best coaches in the area . 

I'm guessing 33? It was definitely a weird game. Even though the score was closer I didn't feel like Houston Co. was even in it until the last half of the 4th. And I really like coach Morris he definitely has 'nads there's no doubt about that. I don't think he'll do anything but get better as a coach. He's still young and finding his way. I like the whole staff really this is the biggest strongest fastest team we've had in years and you have to give a lot of that credit to the coaches off-season regimen 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I'm guessing 33? It was definitely a weird game. Even though the score was closer I didn't feel like Houston Co. was even in it until the last half of the 4th. And I really like coach Morris he definitely has 'nads there's no doubt about that. I don't think he'll do anything but get better as a coach. He's still young and finding his way. I like the whole staff really this is the biggest strongest fastest team we've had in years and you have to give a lot of that credit to the coaches off-season regimen 

#27 Preston Mitchell,  he’s the speed back and only a Sophomore. What impresses me about Coach Morris is his ability to tailor his schemes to his players skill sets . Going from spread offense to wing t back to spread again and still be able to compete at a high level is impressive. You can just listen to him talk that he’s knows football and he’s personable as well . Good coach . 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Best game we've played all year so far. Complete team effort last night vs McEwen up 27-7 at half and Milton only had 58 yards to that point. That was maybe what I was most impressed with. Keep the momentum going vs Bruceton. Good job boys 

Very impressed with this score … I won’t even lie I had Mcewen with the upset .. good job WC 

On 9/30/2023 at 8:13 AM, west10EZ said:

Very impressed with this score … I won’t even lie I had Mcewen with the upset .. good job WC 

After seeing us play yall and McEwen play yall, can PC beat McEwen? The biggest problem with PC is the penalties. Not necessarily turnovers even though they average one a game, but if their offense doesn't hold or false start, does anyone think they could win out against McEwen on the road, Middleton at home and Bruceton on the road to make the playoffs for the first time since 2011?

Edited by PCsupporter4life

30 minutes ago, PCsupporter4life said:

After seeing us play yall and McEwen play yall, can PC beat McEwen? The biggest problem with PC is the penalties. Not necessarily turnovers even though they average one a game, but if their offense doesn't hold or false start, does anyone think they could win out against McEwen on the road, Middleton at home and Bruceton on the road to make the playoffs for the first time since 2011?

that seems realistic. McEwen will be a test on the road. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

I’d say so , Y’all should beat Middleton , Bruceton is probably a toss up but if you effectively and efficiently run the ball y’all should beat them, they can’t stop a 2 year old running for 300 yards right now . Mcewen is massive , im really shocked by the WC game score ,I thought it would have been much closer . Is it possible? Absolutely. 

• Like 1

Region Standings

1.) McKenzie (6-1, 3-0)

2.) West Carroll (4-1, 3-0)

3.) Houston County (3-4, 2-1)

4.) McEwen (1-5, 0-2)

5.) Bruceton (1-6, 0-2)

6.) Perry County (2-5, 0-3)

McEwen, Bruceton and Perry County have yet to play. Houston County still has to play McEwen and Bruceton. West Carroll still has to play Bruceton and McKenzie. On Friday the 13th, that game in McEwen is going to be huge with Perry County and McEwen. that game puts the winner in the drivers seat for the #4 seed.