Greeneville @ Dobyns-Bennett consecutive seasons

B-Ball Fan

1 hour ago, B-Ball Fan said:

Recently saw this year’s schedule, and noticed that Greeneville goes to Dobyns Bennett again this year. Wondering what happened to the alternating years? Did Greeneville have to trade two for one on home games?

I think Covid years and things had the schedule messed up. It went 4/6 and 6/4 a couple years and I think this was done to get back to 5 home and 5 away 

Too early for thoughts on this game?     DB had a pretty good team last year, but so did Greeneville.     This year??    My suspicion is that Greeneville is up and DB is down.     Very difficult to predict anything pre-season, but I'm thinking Greeneville by 14, does that sound about right?

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Too early for thoughts on this game?     DB had a pretty good team last year, but so did Greeneville.     This year??    My suspicion is that Greeneville is up and DB is down.     Very difficult to predict anything pre-season, but I'm thinking Greeneville by 14, does that sound about right?

I think both teams will be much improved.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

DB opens with Farragut, who is supposed to be pretty decent this year.    So we'll have to see how that one goes.       Greeneville opens with Tenn High and the Vikings are predicted to win R1/5A.

Might be shocked.  But don’t think TN can compete with Greeneville..   Farragut DB will be an interesting game. I think Farragut defense will be really good.  And so will DBs offense.  

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Also, Boone and Greeneville scrimmage next Friday. I’m sure it will be a “working” scrimmage where they just go 10 plays each over and over from 40 and no score keeping 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

Also, Boone and Greeneville scrimmage next Friday. I’m sure it will be a “working” scrimmage where they just go 10 plays each over and over from 40 and no score keeping 

9999, I love those 10 play each scrimmages, particularly the 1st half of summer practice. You work on getting better, conditioning and toughness.

17 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

Boone lost too many starters, I think will be a decent team but nowhere near last year.    I guess seeing how you stack up against Greeneville shows where you really are as a program