2023 TSSAA AAA Volleyball Thread

Rockstar89

9 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

1.  Cleveland

2.  Brentwood

3.  Nolensville

4.  Collierville

5.  Farragut 

Farragut? That seems outta left field... I think they are gonna be at the Belmont camp next week. Will be interesting to see what they have. Will see Brentwood soon at TOA. Looking forward to some great action this season whoever it will be at the top!

16 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Farragut? That seems outta left field... I think they are gonna be at the Belmont camp next week. Will be interesting to see what they have. Will see Brentwood soon at TOA. Looking forward to some great action this season whoever it will be at the top!

It's just my humble, pre pre-season opinion based on talent and what's coming back.  Maryville should probably be there instead of Farragut.  But honesty, it's a three horse race with the top three I listed.  

Because of a new coach with no previous ties to Brentwood, the off season schedule has been completely different than decades past.  Definitely interested in seeing how it looks on the court 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lauren Hurst the 6'3" monster has all kinds of basketball

offers along with volleyball I'm sure after this season. Don't 

forget about Kinslee McGowan the captain and headed to

Florence, Alabama to play at North Alabama. Maybe her

and Addison Hurst can play vs each other as Addison will

be a freshman at South Alabama.

Also, the two Brock's and don't forget Amy McGowan the

Clemson Hall-of-Famer, still holds two women's basketball

records at Clemson and an ACC legend. Will they embrace 

being the champion or run from it?

Brentwood Blast Off today. Saw the following AAA teams play at TOA:

Brentwood, Nolensville, Independence, Hillsboro, Lebanon, Cookeville, Centennial, Cane Ridge.

By my eye test Nolensville was at this point in the season *heads and shoulders* above the rest of this pack. The Knox kid at Nolensville is next level and the best individual athlete I saw. Independence was surprisingly probably the 2nd best team I saw. I was shocked at how "down" Brentwood looked. Unless they had some players absent, they could have a really long year. They won, but struggled to finish the two matches I watched. Everyone else looked in pre-season form. Some good hitters, but teams coming together all over the gym.

Of course, it *IS* pre-season and things can and will change!!!! It's why they play the game!!! I can't believe the regular season starts for most teams in less than 10 days!

On 8/5/2023 at 7:46 PM, Rockstar89 said:

Brentwood Blast Off today. Saw the following AAA teams play at TOA:

Brentwood, Nolensville, Independence, Hillsboro, Lebanon, Cookeville, Centennial, Cane Ridge.

By my eye test Nolensville was at this point in the season *heads and shoulders* above the rest of this pack. The Knox kid at Nolensville is next level and the best individual athlete I saw. Independence was surprisingly probably the 2nd best team I saw. I was shocked at how "down" Brentwood looked. Unless they had some players absent, they could have a really long year. They won, but struggled to finish the two matches I watched. Everyone else looked in pre-season form. Some good hitters, but teams coming together all over the gym.

Of course, it *IS* pre-season and things can and will change!!!! It's why they play the game!!! I can't believe the regular season starts for most teams in less than 10 days!

Agreed, Brentwood didn't look great but that's been par for course in pre-seasons past.  Lots to clean up but suggesting a "long year" after one play day is a stretch.  As for Nolensville, the Knox kid is good but if history repeats it's self, their coach with with be predictable and feed her the ball as much as possible (zero creativity)......and that can be stopped with a couple blockers upfront like it was last year.

5 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Agreed, Brentwood didn't look great but that's been par for course in pre-seasons past.  Lots to clean up but suggesting a "long year" after one play day is a stretch.  As for Nolensville, the Knox kid is good but if history repeats it's self, their coach with with be predictable and feed her the ball as much as possible (zero creativity)......and that can be stopped with a couple blockers upfront like it was last year.

The only reason I said that about the Bruins is that I have only ever been googley-eyed impressed when watching Brentwood play and I didn't feel that this time around. They play in such a tough environment in that District/Region, match in and match out! Sure, there is PLENTY of time for improvement....I just saw a lot of uncharacteristic things I wouldn't expect from a storied program like Brentwood - even if it is pre-season.

I will say that there was a rotation Coach Young was trying out for Nolensville that didn't include Knox and there was a noticeable step down without her out there. I doubt he will be using that one much.  She will give a lot of teams fits! Be interesting to see how they match up with others. Season starts for most in just 7 days!

Edited by Rockstar89

6 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

The only reason I said that about the Bruins is that I have only ever been googley-eyed impressed when watching Brentwood play and I didn't feel that this time around. They play in such a tough environment in that District/Region, match in and match out! Sure, there is PLENTY of time for improvement....I just saw a lot of uncharacteristic things I wouldn't expect from a storied program like Brentwood - even if it is pre-season.

I will say that there was a rotation Coach Young was trying out for Nolensville that didn't include Knox and there was a noticeable step down without her out there. I doubt he will be using that one much.  She will give a lot of teams fits! Be interesting to see how they match up with others. Season starts for most in just 7 days!

Agree with everything said.  The Nolensville coach is notorious for his short bench.  Only time Knox sees the bench will be during timeouts.