FORREST AT WATERTOWN 2023

3 hours ago, Salem said:

I've watched a ton of football and that was the best game punting and kicking I've ever seen in high school. Pack nailed a 51 yd FG and changed field position the entire game with his punts and kicks. His kickoffs and punts were high and angled giving our returners no chance. Even after kicking off from his own 25 he was able to pin us inside the 20 with a beautiful corner kick with again no chance to return it. He's better right now than half of the kickers playing on Saturdays. Watertown coaches were able to play conservative football on offense and defense because of that young man. 

ive yet to see forrest lose because of a kicker but there's always new ways to lose under this regime. a special teams guy controlling coach eli. ok

3 hours ago, Salem said:

Only play we had that looked explosive was #22. He's a sophomore and hadn't played any scrimmages due to injury. The freshman #1 had three TDs over 60 yards in scrimmages but got only 2 touches both inside runs. He is the fastest kid on the team and great in space. Played a great game at safety but needs 8-10 touches per game. 

THIS IS THE EPITOME OF COACH ELI. THE BEST KIDS NEVER SEE THE BALL.  Fields is #1? HOW ON EAERTH DOES HE GET TWO TOUCHES YOU IDIOTS!?!?!

19 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

i am so happy to hear this! at least SOME good news!!!

I wasn't thrilled by any means but we won't see another kicker like that in what's left of my lifetime. I don't think we will see another defense like that until late October either. The new OC has the next 4-5 games to dial his plays in. Absolutely no reason to not be 5-1 or 4-2 heading into the home stretch. If we had just caught two passes and two interceptions we would have been a different game but if's are for losers. Hoping they can see we don't have the horses up front to play smash mouth. Will have to spread and throw to win any games after Community. I will be obnoxiously optimistic until proven otherwise - usually about week 3 or 4.