Greeneville Boone Scrimmage

noonesfool

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah after last season almost everyone should IMO be respectful of the Mavs. Mavs were always a heartbeat away previous years., Injuries etc. But the playoff game against Greeneville last year pretty much was a great finish to starting this season. Mavs are more than ready to go back to back. 

Y'all sound worried haha

1 hour ago, Ffball9999 said:

Again. I don’t think his comment was disrespectful and nor are mine, just saying that AC lost more to graduation and Devils have a lot returning. It’s a long year and a lot can happen, but I think GHS would have to be the favorite although Mavs won the last game. I think AC was the favorite last year even though they lost the year before. 

No sorry was just making a statement intended only for those that feel the Mavs were not impressive at last year's game. However just IMO I don't see a big loss in skills. Last year everyone knew who the Mavs were going to; as go to players. This year it is total possible the Mavs may be just as good. Of course remains to be seen. I think our defense has really improved with Lambert and we were always good with the Chadwell rush defense. We have some speed that remains to be seen. Greeneville may have more returning experience your absolutely correct but Mavs prepared early and we'll see. It's always great to have teams like Greeneville, Betsy and Mavs punching it out every year  it's great for the atmosphere. 

50 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

No sorry was just making a statement intended only for those that feel the Mavs were not impressive at last year's game. However just IMO I don't see a big loss in skills. Last year everyone knew who the Mavs were going to; as go to players. This year it is total possible the Mavs may be just as good. Of course remains to be seen. I think our defense has really improved with Lambert and we were always good with the Chadwell rush defense. We have some speed that remains to be seen. Greeneville may have more returning experience your absolutely correct but Mavs prepared early and we'll see. It's always great to have teams like Greeneville, Betsy and Mavs punching it out every year  it's great for the atmosphere. 

I know we are all biased towards our favorite team, but Greeneville is bigger, faster , and stronger than they have been in a long time. 

22 minutes ago, Ffball9999 said:

I know we are all biased towards our favorite team, but Greeneville is bigger, faster , and stronger than they have been in a long time. 

Well in all fairness Greenville is/has always been big IMO. Not many are talking about Betsy. I think Betsy may be better than many realize. I am thinking Betsy and Greeneville game will be a good benchmark for AC. Just what I am looking forward to seeing. The Mavs a brutal schedule if there opponents turn out as good as expected. 

It’s not saying anything is guaranteed… just that they are favored 

Greeneville wants to always be favored every year. Betsy still in the mix very much. ACs 2022 state championship is monumental to Greeneville. The favored is still AC as there goal is they should be Defending the state championship that last years team accomplished IMO. So the Mavs have a Championship and these new seniors should be ready and wanting to Defend it, IMO. But we will see I am just saying.

1 minute ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Greeneville wants to always be favored every year. Betsy still in the mix very much. ACs 2022 state championship is monumental to Greeneville. The favored is still AC as there goal is they should be Defending the state championship that last years team accomplished IMO. So the Mavs have a Championship and these new seniors should be ready and wanting to Defend it, IMO. But we will see I am just saying.

Ac 2022 monumental to Greeneville??  Not even sure what you mean by that…. And the winner is not always the favorite the next year….   Oh.  And Greeneville has 4

5 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Greeneville wants to always be favored every year. Betsy still in the mix very much. ACs 2022 state championship is monumental to Greeneville. The favored is still AC as their goal is they should be Defending the state championship that last years team accomplished IMO. So the Mavs have a Championship and these new seniors should be ready and wanting to Defend it, IMO. But we will see I am just saying.

Oh.  And Elizabethton will be in the mix most of the year….only because the Gville/Betsy game is week 10. This rescheduling is what the TSSAA wanted to keep the season “relevant”

Ac 2022 monumental to Greeneville??  Not even sure what you mean by that…. And the winner is not always the favorite the next year….   Oh.  And Greeneville has 4

Monumental in my opinion only that I think it's hard to overlook last years 38-7 loss. I think and this is my opinion only, the Mavs appears to be moving forward, in that they have figured out defensively how to not only beat Greeneville but do it in fashion. It's a new year of course and Greeneville may have more experience but the defensive structure of the Mavs has evolved and that was the missing link for the past years. But we shall see. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Monumental in my opinion only that I think it's hard to overlook last years 38-7 loss. I think and this is my opinion only, the Mavs appears to be moving forward, in that they have figured out defensively how to not only beat Greeneville but do it in fashion. It's a new year of course and Greeneville may have more experience but the defensive structure of the Mavs has evolved and that was the missing link for the past years. But we shall see. 

I won’t go in to detail.  But wasn’t hard to figure out how to stop last years team.. and one loss will in no way slow down a 4 time champ team like Gville, if anything it makes them hungry. I am not trying to talk trash or be rude…. I think the recent series is still like 7–1?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2