Dyersburg vs Dyer co

ball21

6 hours ago, TrojanLC said:

Lost the starting center a week before the game with a torn mcl. Had 10 fumbles, iirc. Had half a dozen other starters out that game also. A freshman DE, that will eventually be a stud, had to play and he got eaten alive in the second half. The majority of their yards were gained when he came in in the second half on that weak side. 

Taylor was incredible as well. He had a way of really stepping up in big moments. He dominated last year in Newbern. Are the DC backs healthy? I saw one of them helped off the field at the Jamboree.

3 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Taylor was incredible as well. He had a way of really stepping up in big moments. He dominated last year in Newbern. Are the DC backs healthy? I saw one of them helped off the field at the Jamboree.

Looked to just be a cramp. I haven’t heard of any doubts toward him playing this week. 

I will say this about the matchup, Dyersburg, in my opinion, has the best conditioned team that they’ve had in a long time. They have size and speed. I believe their front 4 can get pressure on anyone. If I were calling the shots, I’d stack the box, blitz and stunt, and make DC throw the ball. I think it’ll be a long night for the DC passing game, even though they’ve got some talent and speed. Just my opinion. 

16 hours ago, TrojanLC said:

Looked to just be a cramp. I haven’t heard of any doubts toward him playing this week. 

I will say this about the matchup, Dyersburg, in my opinion, has the best conditioned team that they’ve had in a long time. They have size and speed. I believe their front 4 can get pressure on anyone. If I were calling the shots, I’d stack the box, blitz and stunt, and make DC throw the ball. I think it’ll be a long night for the DC passing game, even though they’ve got some talent and speed. Just my opinion. 

This was the game plan 2 years ago. The amount of pressure they got on DC was incredible. They were in the back field on every play. 

• Like 1

Trojan defense allows an 89-yard TD on Dyer County's opening series and holds the Choctaws to 76 yards the rest of the first half and only 73 yards of offense in the second half. 383 total yards of offense by the black and gold. Ironically, DC struck first at historic J.C. Sawyers Stadium in 2021 before being outscored 53-0. In the 2023 edition at historic J.C. Sawyers Stadium the Trojans outscored the county 33-0 after giving up the first score of the game.