Betsy @ SH

lawnman

On 8/12/2023 at 7:41 AM, blazer1set said:

SH always seems to have the athletes but they just cannot get it together as a team.     A school of their size and with the athletes they have, they should be crushing all the local competition.    But they don't.        Elizabethton on the other hand has had amazing success the last few years, but had a huge dropoff last year (by comparison to prev years).       So something tells me the Cyclones are hungry and motivated.      Talk around the water cooler is that SH knows they have much better athletes and they are going into this one to make a statement.... but are way too overconfident due to our opening sentence above.   So I'm picking Elizabethton to play with way more control and discipline and come out on top in a squeaker.    Maybe something like 23-21.

They dominate the local competition. It's just when they have to go to Knoxville or something that they start to have problems.

On 8/15/2023 at 3:47 PM, EHSTrack06 said:

Yeah the guys will probably take that game a bit more personal. Especially if DB does what they have done in the past and in between plays they talk over the PA about the different times DB beat us. On this Date..blah blah blah

DB has been at paper tiger at best in recent years. All it takes is a decent qb and like one decent wr or TE and you can torch their entire defense. Science Hill has won several in a row at this point, and they mostly have come out in five wide to start the game and torch the secondary for all four quarters. Not sure what their approach is to Elizabethton though.

Edited by JoeyC

2 hours ago, JoeyC said:

DB has been at paper tiger at best in recent years. All it takes is a decent qb and like one decent wr or TE and you can torch their entire defense. Science Hill has won several in a row at this point, and they mostly have come out in five wide to start the game and torch the secondary for all four quarters. Not sure what their approach is to Elizabethton though.

I doubt they have the speed to match us. Last year was good but I know they are not Greeneville or Alcoa and can't reload everywhere and I think they lost too much 

9 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

I doubt they have the speed to match us. Last year was good but I know they are not Greeneville or Alcoa and can't reload everywhere and I think they lost too much 

They don't have the speed to match because they don't pull kids out of the hallways, and they also have a good ole boy system. Far too many one sport athletes at DB. All the speed is too busy running track or playing basketball, or even baseball. Their lines will be big but slower. Interested to see how Elizabethton approaches that strategically. Probably just copy Science Hill's strategy for the past several years. Also, they finally have a decent SOS this year whereas past several years their schedule has been weak. Wouldn't be surprised if DB goes 5-5 this year.

13 minutes ago, VOLSOHARD18 said:

thanks lawnman. i looked on nfhs network no video either. i wont be able to attend the game and was hoping to livestream from my phone.

Tennessee High School Football
Science Hill Vs. Elizabethton
http://fast-stream.onstream4k.com/hs-football.php?live=Science Hill vs. Elizabethton
#Fighting Cyclones #Hilltoppers
The Science Hill (Johnson City, TN) varsity football team has a home non-conference game vs. Elizabethton (TN) on Friday, August 18.

2 hours ago, lawnman said:

Tennessee High School Football
Science Hill Vs. Elizabethton
http://fast-stream.onstream4k.com/hs-football.php?live=Science Hill vs. Elizabethton
#Fighting Cyclones #Hilltoppers
The Science Hill (Johnson City, TN) varsity football team has a home non-conference game vs. Elizabethton (TN) on Friday, August 18.

I’ve picked the Toppers, but a sincere good luck to you and Betsy tonight Lawnman.