Mcminn Central Chargers @ Signal Mountain Eagles

RichyRich

I heard that mcminn central is looking improved this season, but where they made Daily post Athenian where you have to a membership and can no longer view stuff for free incognito I haven't been able to keep up with the local teams quite as much. I heard they looked fairly good at the jamboree between them,Austin east,Howard,and Copperhill, but other than that I've been in the dark, I also don't know much about signal mountain you don't really ever hear much talk about them, other than the Jasper/south pittsburg  fellas who refer to them as sissy mountain, lol. I'd like to hear what everyone else knows or thinks about this game. I don't wanna make a prediction quite, but if I had to I'd imagine it'll be another close game like the last few years have been, usually weren't very high scoring could see finally score being something like 13-10 and it could go either way.

4 hours ago, Blue222 said:

Central only beat Signal by a field goal last year and Signal was a sophomore dominated team. Their QB and main receiver were only sophomores and played very well last year.  Central’s defense better be ready especially against the pass. 

I thought Signal was a fairly decent team last year. If they were a young team they may be hard to beat this year. Hope Central can pull it out. I'd probably go to this one if it was closer to home. But since it's away I may go see if Sequoyah can beat Sweetwater. We have a bye this week at Meigs. Good luck Central folks.

5 hours ago, Yeti said:

I thought Signal was a fairly decent team last year. If they were a young team they may be hard to beat this year. Hope Central can pull it out. I'd probably go to this one if it was closer to home. But since it's away I may go see if Sequoyah can beat Sweetwater. We have a bye this week at Meigs. Good luck Central folks.

Thanks Yeti. The Signal QB was no joke last year so I’m  curious to see how our defense does.  We’ve added two from the basketball team to our receiving corp and with the return of both running backs from last year our skilled positions are really good. Curious to see how the revamped offensive and defensive lines hold up over the course of the season. 

7 hours ago, Yeti said:

I am going to Eagleton vs tellico Plains game kinda curious how the new Blount county school looks!

From everything I've read or heard about Central, I think the coaches are optimistic with what they've seen in 7 on 7's, as well as the scrimmages they've been involved in.  Naturally, there's always room for improvement with any team. Central has a good coaching staff and they're building a good program.

Signal had a pretty good team last year.  I don't know much about them this year though. Do they still have the same QB who could sling the ball pretty good?

• Like 1