Sequoyah @ Sweetwater 8/18

Yeti

I read somewhere that Sequoyah only has about 40 players? I don't know what the issue is there that more gents aren't playing.  I know the head coach is a tireless worker and doing his best to build a program.

Sweetwater's new coach is a good one, having taken over two dormant programs and at least getting them to winning some games during his tenure at each.

18 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I read somewhere that Sequoyah only has about 40 players? I don't know what the issue is there that more gents aren't playing.  I know the head coach is a tireless worker and doing his best to build a program.

Sweetwater's new coach is a good one, having taken over two dormant programs and at least getting them to winning some games during his tenure at each.

Losing streak going on 5 years will do that to a program, also just the student population, a lot of kids who work on the farm or work to support the family. Athletics not a priority in Madisonville. 

They need to build Vonore a High School & separate them.Then when they play whoever wins will finish 1-9 & the other 0-10.Sequoyah does have the best band & majorettes in the state.They also have a great volleyball team.Lots of kids in the stands that should be on the field but aren't because of grades,laziness or drugs.Sequoyah has sadly been on tv a lot because of drug issues.Not much better than kids getting killed in drive by shootings.Vonore & Madisonville except for a few bright years & Sequoyah rarely were good in football

Edited by highschoolfbfan777
  • Upvote 1