Soddy @ Rhea County

Eagle57

40 minutes ago, Eagle57 said:

Who do you got? Me, 38-14 Eagles.

I haven't heard much about the Trojans, how does soddy daisy look this year, back when they played 6a/5a they generally hung around the bottom of our district, also do you know what caused soddy to drop to 4A? Was it sale creek being built or does Chattanooga central take some of their kids or what? Teams like soddy daisy and white county benefit greatly from dropping down to 4a and being the big dog in those districts population wise. I imagine Sparta does pretty good In 4a.

On 8/15/2023 at 3:53 PM, RichyRich said:

I haven't heard much about the Trojans, how does soddy daisy look this year, back when they played 6a/5a they generally hung around the bottom of our district, also do you know what caused soddy to drop to 4A? Was it sale creek being built or does Chattanooga central take some of their kids or what? Teams like soddy daisy and white county benefit greatly from dropping down to 4a and being the big dog in those districts population wise. I imagine Sparta does pretty good In 4a.

I know the last couple of years have been lean for Soddy since moving down. The last year they had a winning record was 2019 when they were still in 5A. I’m not real sure what has caused their downfall. I know Wittenbarger the good running back is now at Walker Valley. Sale creek has probably pulled some away especially now with Coach Fitzgerald running the show there. I would think probably Hixson may have pulled some kids from there. I know Rhea’s own Josh Owensby is now at Soddy after stepping down as head coach at Hixson. 

Now white county has been interesting. They actually went as an independent for a few years to rebuild their program before rejoining a region and dropping to 4A. It really has helped them in the last few years.