Blackman Blaze??

Blaze45

Been going to Blaze games for many years now...16+ seasons and almost 180 games not including all the practices, scrimmages and so on. Tonight was the first game in all those games/ years that I got up and left early.  The theme was back to basics with this program, however the issue is that we somehow think coaching a 1970's style offense is going to be successful. You can't run right, run left run up the middle and punt and hope to come out on top. The passing game looked decent at times and then we flushed with 3 and short and run it up the middle. I was embarrassed for the team , for the school and the community. It will only be a matter of time before our bleachers look like an Antioch home game.  When you no longer put butts in the seats and that money you are used to having grows thin and sparse, you will think back about letting good folks who had people excited about Blackman football walk .... win or lose people enjoyed the experience. No one wants to show up to get your butt kicked and then take away any part of the fun of the event. BTW..... same 18 lights that were out on the visitor side lights as last year. Still cant get the school/county  to pony up and fix them

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Been going to Blaze games for many years now...16+ seasons and almost 180 games not including all the practices, scrimmages and so on. Tonight was the first game in all those games/ years that I got up and left early.  The theme was back to basics with this program, however the issue is that we somehow think coaching a 1970's style offense is going to be successful. You can't run right, run left run up the middle and punt and hope to come out on top. The passing game looked decent at times and then we flushed with 3 and short and run it up the middle. I was embarrassed for the team , for the school and the community. It will only be a matter of time before our bleachers look like an Antioch home game.  When you no longer put butts in the seats and that money you are used to having grows thin and sparse, you will think back about letting good folks who had people excited about Blackman football walk .... win or lose people enjoyed the experience. No one wants to show up to get your butt kicked and then take away any part of the fun of the event. BTW..... same 18 lights that were out on the visitor side lights as last year. Still cant get the school/county  to pony up and fix them

They gotta give some kind of effort blocking, Brentwood was running free all night in the backfield. The qb has to get some confidence and step into his throws. He holds the ball way too long and blakcman has got to stop missing tackles and having dumb mistakes or else they won't win a game this season. Blocking really looked bad and I know they can do way better than that showing.

6 hours ago, arshad221 said:

They gotta give some kind of effort blocking, Brentwood was running free all night in the backfield. The qb has to get some confidence and step into his throws. He holds the ball way too long and blakcman has got to stop missing tackles and having dumb mistakes or else they won't win a game this season. Blocking really looked bad and I know they can do way better than that showing.

If you are trying to teach fundamentals during week 2, your season is clearly not on track. Tygard spent two years developing a passing team with a little bit of run mixed in. The skillset the team currently has is in the passing game, not running the ball 80 percent of the time.  What will end up happening is we will spend the rest of the season trying to run, and any pass game will die on the vine. I said it before and I will say it again, Kreisky was not the right coach for the job and won't be 2 years from now either. Unfortunately some of the admin didn't like Tygard and probably should stay away from texting if they are going to bad mouth him and then inadvertently send it to him by mistake.

Like it or not Tygard was developing an atmosphere that made the games fun for the fans, the students and did a great job of getting all the clubs (JROTC Band, Dance ) and the community (Emergency responders, Military and so on) engaged at extra levels. He was quick to support other areas of the school and make sure the players did the same. Not to say that Rankin style football doesn't work, because it does. but Blackman is not built for it and the staff is not able to run that style program. This will be a season of 3 and outs. 

22 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

If you are trying to teach fundamentals during week 2, your season is clearly not on track. Tygard spent two years developing a passing team with a little bit of run mixed in. The skillset the team currently has is in the passing game, not running the ball 80 percent of the time.  What will end up happening is we will spend the rest of the season trying to run, and any pass game will die on the vine. I said it before and I will say it again, Kreisky was not the right coach for the job and won't be 2 years from now either. Unfortunately some of the admin didn't like Tygard and probably should stay away from texting if they are going to bad mouth him and then inadvertently send it to him by mistake.

Like it or not Tygard was developing an atmosphere that made the games fun for the fans, the students and did a great job of getting all the clubs (JROTC Band, Dance ) and the community (Emergency responders, Military and so on) engaged at extra levels. He was quick to support other areas of the school and make sure the players did the same. Not to say that Rankin style football doesn't work, because it does. but Blackman is not built for it and the staff is not able to run that style program. This will be a season of 3 and outs. 

So they mistakenly sent him a text that was bad mouthing him? Lol

28 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Sad

28 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

51 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I really think the should work on tackling more and blocking.  I would want to see the tempo speed up on offense with short dumps mixed in.  Defense can't keep staying on the field for long periods of time, offense has got to step up. 

7 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

Sad

I really think the should work on tackling more and blocking.  I would want to see the tempo speed up on offense with short dumps mixed in.  Defense can't keep staying on the field for long periods of time, offense has got to step up. 

I think it was Lombardi who said something like “Football is two things. Blocking & tackling” Crazy how true that still is today even with all the new formations and schemes. But like Blaze said, if you’re trying to teach fundamentals at this point you’re already behind the 8 ball

8 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Blaze - I watched the score roll in last night and hated to see it. Everything you have said is spot on (including the rumor). Maybe you join us for a trip to Raider country this year?

Go Cougars!!!

I'd just like to see the effort level up x10, you won't have a running game if nobody puts a hand on a tackler coming off the line. QB play better get better fast.

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Blaze - I watched the score roll in last night and hated to see it. Everything you have said is spot on (including the rumor). Maybe you join us for a trip to Raider country this year?

Go Cougars!!!

I fully intend on making a game or two this year... always gonna support good people who do the right things...

• Upvote 1