Greeneville @ DB??

Devils18

13 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Game called a no contest and will not be resumed. Pathetic. 

It sucks, but its understandable. School starts early most of these boys have probably been up since 5AM. At this point the earliest a re start could happen is 11:30. Then probably another hour of play. Thats a long day for high school kids.

Yes, you probably could resume tomorrow, but after the adrenaline wears off these boys are going to be hurting and their bodies need recovery, add to that the logistics of paying for another bus, officials, getting the teams and crews together. This is honestly the smarter decision.

Overall, I thought DB had the better team tonight through the 2 1/2 quarters they played. Greeneville hit that TD on the opening play because DB had busted coverage. Maybe you could say that was a lucky play. Then DB scored twice and had the momentum going into the half. Greeneville changing QB's caught DB by surprise when they scored. Looked like Greeneville might have been in the process of getting the momentum back when the storm came in. Guess we'll never know. DB is better than I thought. Still have a lot of work to do but they have time. Play calling could have been better. 

2 minutes ago, KPTwrestlingfan said:

It sucks, but its understandable. School starts early most of these boys have probably been up since 5AM. At this point the earliest a re start could happen is 11:30. Then probably another hour of play. Thats a long day for high school kids.

Yes, you probably could resume tomorrow, but after the adrenaline wears off these boys are going to be hurting and their bodies need recovery, add to that the logistics of paying for another bus, officials, getting the teams and crews together. This is honestly the smarter decision.

All good points. Great rivalry, but based on your well thought out points it could be just a pi$$ing contest tomorrow. We are not in each other’s classification or region. Time to move on.

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Overall, I thought DB had the better team tonight through the 2 1/2 quarters they played. Greeneville hit that TD on the opening play because DB had busted coverage. Maybe you could say that was a lucky play. Then DB scored twice and had the momentum going into the half. Greeneville changing QB's caught DB by surprise when they scored. Looked like Greeneville might have been in the process of getting the momentum back when the storm came in. Guess we'll never know. DB is better than I thought. Still have a lot of work to do but they have time. Play calling could have been better. 

It kills me. First half play calling I thought was great. Then 2nd half it just went to crap. I don't understand it

29 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Thanks. Had me worried for a second but cyclones did what they do. If game wasn't called it would've been 27-7 as we had WRs wide open in the end zone before they called it. On to the next one

That Cyclones defense is good and the offense will get better.