Harriman @ Wartburg

smalltownfb

32 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

No offense, it's a widespread thing going on.  Everything has its ups and downs, including good football teams.  I still enjoy the game the same. 

I agree. That is a very good way to look at it especially if your team is down and still blowing folks out lol. I think y’all have a good path ahead to get into November. 

On 8/26/2023 at 1:12 AM, Summit22 said:

Don’t look too much into that score. That was the worst Harriman team I’ve seen in quite some time. Also, they probably had 200+ yards in penalties. Wartburg was much better at not committing penalties tonight even though 1 holding call negated a touchdown. Any good team beats that Harriman team badly and Wartburg had to come from behind down 18-7 to win it late in the 4th.

The impressive thing to me was that they did come back. When was the last time you seen Wartburg come back from down two scores? I’ve been watching for a long time and haven’t seen it in forever it feels like. I’m not saying they are a great team but whatever has changed up there is positive. It’s like they’re slowly being pulled from a deep dark hole. The stadium looks cleaner, grass on the field is better, the players are up beat and play hard. Just a nice change of pace. 

20 hours ago, smalltownfb said:

The impressive thing to me was that they did come back. When was the last time you seen Wartburg come back from down two scores? I’ve been watching for a long time and haven’t seen it in forever it feels like. I’m not saying they are a great team but whatever has changed up there is positive. It’s like they’re slowly being pulled from a deep dark hole. The stadium looks cleaner, grass on the field is better, the players are up beat and play hard. Just a nice change of pace. 

It is very nice to see! In the past, the team would've quit when they got down 2 scores. They've definitely taken a step in the right direction. We will see what happens in 2 weeks when they have to go to Oneida.