Mt. Juliet @ Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

From my view I seen that the ref placed the ball 1 yard further back than where it was originally snapped from. = -1. Special teams is more-so putting us in losing situations than in winning situations. Last week a fumbled punt return gave SC the ball at the 2 or 3 yard line. And missed PAT’s, whether it be from a bad kick or a bad snap. 
This week it was one bad punt, bad kickoff / punt coverage, and nobody containing the edge on our punt block. I’m telling you, they will get a punt blocked soon if they don’t get that under control. But ultimately, the inability for our kick & punt coverage to not be able to pin a team deep in their own territory is a big deal. That’s gotta change, make a team go 80 yards instead of them starting in Gallatin territory on most drives. Total killer on a defense that is trying to get better weekly. 

9 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

@GWAVE1 I think I was right about the kicking situation… a minus one yard punt, missed FG. Special teams needs more emphasis in practice.. punt coverage was atrocious. 

On the fake extra point there were 9 guys lined up to the left of the snapper. Mj could just walk it in. That was inexcusable. 

23 minutes ago, My28SweepRight said:

On the fake extra point there were 9 guys lined up to the left of the snapper. Mj could just walk it in. That was inexcusable. 

Looked like that was a broken play.  Kid bobbled the ball then ran with it.  But either case, your right they have to do better

Mt Juliet played really well.  That was a tough defense and they played the pass about as well as anybody could.  Now that opened up some running lanes for Brinkley but MJ definitely did enough to stop Gallatin from winning.  The Travers kid had a great first half throwing the ball and Crudup ran tough all night.  Mt Juliet had that game in hand but allowed Gallatin to claw back into it.  They need to learn to finish but they should have a good season overall.  Gallatin had too many mistakes yet still had a chance at the end.  They are getting better, defense played much better than the first two games.  Special teams…. Yeah, they need some work but I think the team showed a lot of fight when down.  

18 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Mt Juliet played really well.  That was a tough defense and they played the pass about as well as anybody could.  Now that opened up some running lanes for Brinkley but MJ definitely did enough to stop Gallatin from winning.  The Travers kid had a great first half throwing the ball and Crudup ran tough all night.  Mt Juliet had that game in hand but allowed Gallatin to claw back into it.  They need to learn to finish but they should have a good season overall.  Gallatin had too many mistakes yet still had a chance at the end.  They are getting better, defense played much better than the first two games.  Special teams…. Yeah, they need some work but I think the team showed a lot of fight when down.  

Fair assessment, how young are they? How many starters will return for next year? 

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Fair assessment, how young are they? How many starters will return for next year? 

I don’t even know.  Seems like they have a few sophomores getting some reps along with some juniors now.   They are moving pieces around trying to get better.  A lot of these kids never played last year and they now have 3 games under their belt.   This is a completely new system and way to do things.  They are improving and I think it will all get better as we go along.  

• Upvote 1