Mt. Juliet @ Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

This has always been one of my favorite games. The Green Wave & the Bears. MJ has a tendency to score fast and early in games. Like on the first play or at least the first drive inmost of their games. It would be big for Gallatin to get a stop early on. should be a good game. 

As for what everybody is going back & forth about, I don't really care who MJ is or isn't scheduling. People can clearly see that it is a winning program. 3 6A semifinal appearances since 2011. Taken out by the State Champ in a very close game in 2 of the 3. 

Gallatin better be ready tonight. 

They had the opportunity to quit tonight but didn’t.  Brinkley finished with over 240 yards rushing.  Equal number of Touchdowns by both teams.  A FG and completed 2 point conversion were the difference on the scoreboard.  32-26 MJ.  Great game and atmosphere at The Wave Yard tonight.  On to the next one.  Dickson County, here we come for our 1st of 3 in a row road games.

Good win for MJ, we have to learn how to finish out games in a better manner. Terrible holding call to call back the long run for MJ. That was the theme for the night it seemed…cancelled out what would have been a 20 point swing. An unfortunate roughing the kicker penalty also cancelled a 3 and out which led to a quick score by Gallatin. Both sides can woulda coulda shoulda… I just think MJ had more of them tonight that could’ve swung this game a bit more lopsided. Gallatin has a good offense, I’m most impressed with the Oline, the QB will have his games for sure. Crudup and Brinkley were dominant tonight. Travers wasn’t needed as much but still found a way to run one in from 15 yards out. Our defense as it has been for years always baffles me, they’ll play lights out one series and completely fold the next. Not enough consistency. Special teams was absolutely dominant tonight. Gallatins needs to be a focal point in practice this week.  Overall I thought MJ played well at times, too many mental lapses, some of which caused by Gallatin and some of which caused by the refs.. anyways Gtown is heading in the right direction. Imo they’ll be favored in most games from here on out. They have nothing to be ashamed of. 3-0 we go.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

32-26 final. Good game to watch. Gallatin shot themselves in the foot giving MJ awesome short field position over and over with punts that go minus 1 yard, a kickoff that got returned past the 50, missed FG. Special teams was, uh, not very good. Brinkley had a great night. Gallatin QB played okay, did all he could. MJ run game was a surprise, the opened it up as did Gallatin. Overall a fun game to watch that went down to the final possession. Gotta build and continue to get better. 

29 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

@GWAVE1 I think I was right about the kicking situation… a minus one yard punt, missed FG. Special teams needs more emphasis in practice.. punt coverage was atrocious. 

It was a seven yard punt…. Had a great avg before that one.   Missed Fg was bad though.  Just a junior and he only had one kickoff not go in the endzone.   You won tonight