CLINTON (0-2) @ SCOTT (1-1)

92Dragon

14 hours ago, ipb7 said:

Believe it or not, my nephew has a son starting for Harriman and his son said there's a girl who attends school at Harriman and plays softball for Bearden. It's legal if Harriman doesn't have softball, but, they do.

Shoot there was a WR at Anderson county that lived just a few miles from Scott high. You can pretty well go where you want if you provide your own transportation. Outside of large cities most Tennessee schools are open zoned. 

15 minutes ago, crow said:

Shoot there was a WR at Anderson county that lived just a few miles from Scott high. You can pretty well go where you want if you provide your own transportation. Outside of large cities most Tennessee schools are open zoned. 

sort of.  If a kid plays a varsity level sport at school A one year, then plays varsity at school B the next year, there has to be a legitimate change of address into the school B zone to be eligible to compete varsity at the new school.  In other words, You can't play at one school and then just decide to play at another the next year without a move. Maybe it happens but it's still against the rules and the team could forfeit every game the kid played in.  Happened at Powell a few yrs ago.  Kid lived in Karns, played at West one year, then played at Powell the next year, but never moved from Karns.  He was ruled ineligible and they forfeited the games in which he participated.  

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

sort of.  If a kid plays a varsity level sport at school A one year, then plays varsity at school B the next year, there has to be a legitimate change of address into the school B zone to be eligible to compete varsity at the new school.  In other words, You can't play at one school and then just decide to play at another the next year without a move. Maybe it happens but it's still against the rules and the team could forfeit every game the kid played in.  Happened at Powell a few yrs ago.  Kid lived in Karns, played at West one year, then played at Powell the next year, but never moved from Karns.  He was ruled ineligible and they forfeited the games in which he participated.  

Yeah of course you’re correct on that aspect. The WR in my comparison attended HS from beginning as a freshman. In fact he may have gone to AC before that. It was a family member employed there situation so transportation wasn’t as big a deal. However the same could apply if the 1 year sit out was observed as well without a legitimate address change. I’m certain you are aware of that also but I find sometimes that is overlooked by some. At any rate I’m a fan of transfers who do it legitimately and I’m also a fan of hammering a program that knowingly does not. 

Edited by crow

3 hours ago, crow said:

Yeah of course you’re correct on that aspect. The WR in my comparison attended HS from beginning as a freshman. In fact he may have gone to AC before that. It was a family member employed there situation so transportation wasn’t as big a deal. However the same could apply if the 1 year sit out was observed as well without a legitimate address change. I’m certain you are aware of that also but I find sometimes that is overlooked by some. At any rate I’m a fan of transfers who do it legitimately and I’m also a fan of hammering a program that knowingly does not. 

In this specific situation, it's probably legal because of the parental employment. OR has a fairly high tuition fee out of county, but, if you are an employee of the OR school system, your kid can attend here for free regardless of where you live. Employment perk.