BA has some issues …..

QuickStrike

On 12/17/2023 at 6:22 AM, Playerscoach said:

Wade is there to win now. He is a good man and excellent teacher of fundamentals. His staff will be excellent and he’s a good strategist to IMO. He also won’t coddle any of those players or their parents whatsoever. No parent is going to cozy up to him and gain favor so buckle up BA because some of you will get butthurt quick. I would not be surprised if he wins it all next year. He took a QB that had more Ints that TDs his sophomore year and made him into a 3,000 yard 30 td qb last season. 

Wade is a good coach but he’s always aligned with great players.  Good players make coaches look really good.  Corn Elder was going to the NFL with or without Wade.  Many other examples as well.  Ensworth won before Wade, DCA won before him, CPA won before and after him.  Good coach no doubt but lots of other pieces to that puzzle.  He will do well at BA.  

1 hour ago, Brave1 said:

Wade is a good coach but he’s always aligned with great players.  Good players make coaches look really good.  Corn Elder was going to the NFL with or without Wade.  Many other examples as well.  Ensworth won before Wade, DCA won before him, CPA won before and after him.  Good coach no doubt but lots of other pieces to that puzzle.  He will do well at BA.  

I believe that we can all agree that good players make good coaches.  I have also seen plenty of teams that had good players that weren't very good too.  Coach Wade has always taken the teams and players (great/good/average) and made them better, which is what a good coach does.  Sure Corn Elder was going to the NFL with or without Coach Wade and Ensworth won before Wade, but, they never won a State Championship before Wade and they haven't won one since he left.  Coach Wade also arrived at CPA before they had ever won a State Championship and he was on the staff for the first two Championships in 2000 and 2002.  He then left and went to Davidson to bring them their first 3 State Championships.  The rebuild he did at DCA was very impressive on top of all that taking an 0-10 team to a State title in 3 years.  I just want to put a little perspective to the history of Paul's career.  He has been at places that had runs of good players, but, in my opinion, he made those players better and BA hit a homerun hiring him.

On 2/1/2024 at 10:26 AM, orangecrush said:

I believe that we can all agree that good players make good coaches.  I have also seen plenty of teams that had good players that weren't very good too.  Coach Wade has always taken the teams and players (great/good/average) and made them better, which is what a good coach does.  Sure Corn Elder was going to the NFL with or without Coach Wade and Ensworth won before Wade, but, they never won a State Championship before Wade and they haven't won one since he left.  Coach Wade also arrived at CPA before they had ever won a State Championship and he was on the staff for the first two Championships in 2000 and 2002.  He then left and went to Davidson to bring them their first 3 State Championships.  The rebuild he did at DCA was very impressive on top of all that taking an 0-10 team to a State title in 3 years.  I just want to put a little perspective to the history of Paul's career.  He has been at places that had runs of good players, but, in my opinion, he made those players better and BA hit a homerun hiring him.

Good Lord man.   Lick the man’s boots!

Edited by QuickStrike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...