Upperman vs Macon Co

crow6424

On 8/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, crow6424 said:

Big region matchup and both teams look good so far. What’s your thoughts?

uppercookville has all the advantage with the way they can get players from the whole county with one of the largest cities around. I'm not impressed with any win at any sport.

2 hours ago, mofojoe said:

uppercookville has all the advantage with the way they can get players from the whole county with one of the largest cities around. I'm not impressed with any win at any sport.

It should reflect that the Upperman Middle School football program has been very successful for the past several years; therefore, it is just not players transferring in high school.  

3 hours ago, mofojoe said:

What a load of crap, Cookeville has never been good so if you saying they are getting athletes from there that is laughable, I got alot of respect for upperman it's mostly homegrown talent from what I can tell, really the only good team from the upper Cumberland region in my opinion stone memorial and Fentress County (york) are 2nd, but the rest are usually pretty weak. Monterey is good sometimes. 

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

How has Rollins been playing coming off the injury? I haven’t had time to check in on the games yet.

He hasn’t played a lot of RB yet due to his injury. He has been moving well though and Palk has been looking really good in his place. I would expect Rollins to get a lot more snaps soon.

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

What a load of crap, Cookeville has never been good so if you saying they are getting athletes from there that is laughable, I got alot of respect for upperman it's mostly homegrown talent from what I can tell, really the only good team from the upper Cumberland region in my opinion stone memorial and Fentress County (york) are 2nd, but the rest are usually pretty weak. Monterey is good sometimes. 

The difference in a kid playing 6A football and 4A football is a huge difference

33 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Maybe for some of the better 6a teams I feel that way but run of the mill average teams not quite as much it has more to do with depth in my mind

Exactly. Get a few kids every year coming into high school is 10-12 kids and that can make a huge difference in a 4A program. Upperman has a built in advantage against any school in the UC when it comes to where they can draw kids from

but you still have to have good coaches to put the kids in the right spots and they have to show up and play every Friday night. So my hats off to Caine and the staff up there. They have the best program in the UC right now by a long shot

21 minutes ago, Roooster said:

Exactly. Get a few kids every year coming into high school is 10-12 kids and that can make a huge difference in a 4A program. Upperman has a built in advantage against any school in the UC when it comes to where they can draw kids from

but you still have to have good coaches to put the kids in the right spots and they have to show up and play every Friday night. So my hats off to Caine and the staff up there. They have the best program in the UC right now by a long shot

I figured it was just growing out into Baxter  area. I'm from SE TN so I'm not 100% familiar. But I know Baxter used to not be very good back in the day,  and now they are.