Cookeville 1-1 @ White County 2-0

lcl4life

I'm going to go against the grain here and say the cavs pull it off.  I think they are much improved on the lines of scrimmage this year.   If they can disrupt pinion from running, they can make this a slog and a game in the 20s.  I think that favors the cavs.    I'm not saying pinion can't throw, in fact i think he is better than most give him credit for, but I don't think they put up 30+ by throwing the ball.  

Obviously if I'm wrong and the cav defense can't shoot gaps and stop that qb counter that white county killed Warren co with, then sparta will put up 40+ points and the cav offense definitely can't keep up with that.    

However I do think the cavaliers will be able to move the ball a little bit on the ground.  Look for a trick play or two to come up big in the second half for the cavaliers!     CHS 27- sparta 24

Edited by Alumn89

On 8/27/2023 at 11:46 AM, lcl4life said:

Cavs should be 2-0 facing a young White county team who ya got and why?

I agree they should be 2-0.   They did a horrible job of tackling in week 1 vs Stone.  Credit the qb and eldridge as they both had great performances that night.   The Cavs still basically gave that game away late with an interception on a screen pass while trying to run out the clock.  

I don't think people are giving them enough credit for the win last week vs Pure academy.  They are unknown and in only their 2nd year but they had some athletes and some big guys on the lines of scrimmage.   Pure took Haywood down to the wire in week 1 as well.   

• Upvote 1

Go Cavs.   

Great game last night by both squads.  Pinion is obviously a stud.  Its almost not fair that you can have a guy like dowell followed by pinion and now the younger dowell trying to fill their shoes right behind.  

I thought the Cavs would be able to run the ball but I didn't know they would have that much success.  That offensive line was really impressive last night.  I love where this team is headed in the 2nd year of the Hennigan regime.  

5 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

Go Cavs.   

Great game last night by both squads.  Pinion is obviously a stud.  Its almost not fair that you can have a guy like dowell followed by pinion and now the younger dowell trying to fill their shoes right behind.  

I thought the Cavs would be able to run the ball but I didn't know they would have that much success.  That offensive line was really impressive last night.  I love where this team is headed in the 2nd year of the Hennigan regime.  

I knew the line was much improved after watching a scrimmage.  But I don’t think anyone thought Cookeville would line up and run it down their throat like that.  

5 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

Go Cavs.   

Nice win for the boys of Cookeville! I under estimated them, although I feel like they should beat Sparta most years. It sad to see Cookeville doesn't really get to play alot of their old rivalries as much in regional games like sparta,Cumberland county,Warren County, etc. 

On 9/2/2023 at 4:13 PM, RichyRich said:

Nice win for the boys of Cookeville! I under estimated them, although I feel like they should beat Sparta most years. It sad to see Cookeville doesn't really get to play alot of their old rivalries as much in regional games like sparta,Cumberland county,Warren County, etc. 

That's because they are now twice the size of many of those old rivals. They're now up there with the biggest high schools in the state.