Mcminn Central Chargers @ Polk County Wildcats.

RichyRich

After a stellar victory that must be breath of fresh air for the boys in baby blue 44-7 against Seymour, do you think the Chargers can beat the wildcats in benton. I certainly am routing for the boys from Englewood. I think it may be a closer game than alot of people think but I think central pulls out the win 29-26.

12 hours ago, RichyRich said:

After a stellar victory that must be breath of fresh air for the boys in baby blue 44-7 against Seymour, do you think the Chargers can beat the wildcats in benton. I certainly am routing for the boys from Englewood. I think it may be a closer game than alot of people think but I think central pulls out the win 29-26.

Gonna have to stop the run.  Can they is the question??

In years past this was always a good game. You could basically throw out each team's record when it came to the play on the field. Central has won the last 4 or 5 games, last year scoring in the 50's on Polk.
Central showed a lot of improvement from week 1 to week 2. Their defense forced several turnovers and scored some points. The team scored 3 touchdowns in a matter of 5 minutes.
Don't know a lot about Polk, other than their scores. 5A Walker Valley hammered them pretty hard last Friday, 47-0.

17 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

In years past this was always a good game. You could basically throw out each team's record when it came to the play on the field. Central has won the last 4 or 5 games, last year scoring in the 50's on Polk.
Central showed a lot of improvement from week 1 to week 2. Their defense forced several turnovers and scored some points. The team scored 3 touchdowns in a matter of 5 minutes.
Don't know a lot about Polk, other than their scores. 5A Walker Valley hammered them pretty hard last Friday, 47-0.

Hard to get a good feel on wildcats from benton bc they played a 1a that's down and beat them pretty good, but played a middle of the road 5a team and got hammered. They won and lost where they were supposed too,  only time will tell like I said I believe it'll be a little closer this year. Don't really know what polk co has though.

7 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Gonna have to stop the run.  Can they is the question??

McMinn transfer Will Benton will probably start at DT for Central this week. He's a mountain of a man, he's quick and he can move.  Outside backer Dylan Carroll (transfer from Meigs) has laid the hammer on a few running backs the first two games.  Central improved since the first game and looked very good on defense against Seymour.

• Upvote 1