Howard vs. Chatt Prep

t-mac

After a loss to struggling single A team it is time for Howard to find a new coach.  With only close to 30 players in the program football Howard needs a relatable coach that the players will play for.  There's too many athletes in Chattanooga but nobody wants to play for this guy.

3 minutes ago, t-mac said:

After a loss to struggling single A team it is time for Howard to find a new coach.  With only close to 30 players in the program football Howard needs a relatable coach that the players will play for.  There's too many athletes in Chattanooga but nobody wants to play for this guy.

You may get your wish by the end of the season. :lol: Considering the fact that Howard isn't a destination school for anyone that's serious about football or sports in general, who would be a good candidate for the job?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LloydBonafide said:

You may get your wish by the end of the season. :lol: Considering the fact that Howard isn't a destination school for anyone that's serious about football or sports in general, who would be a good candidate for the job?

Howard ought to drop off and play an independent schedule for a 2 year period in my opinion. Howard had a large enrollment boost they basically dropped a bunch of central Americans off into to Chattanooga and they all settled in the st elmo/Howard area. If I had to make an independent schedule for Howard it would look like this, I'd drop the brainerd rivalry til it cooled off and they could get a few more kids interested 

Week 1: lookout valley

Week 2: copper Basin

Week 3  grundy county

Week 4 bye

Week 5  the kings academy

Week 6 wartburg

Week 7 sale Creek

Week 8 tellico Plains 

Week 9 Republic (nashville)

Week 10 Cosby 

Week 11  Harriman or midway 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LloydBonafide said:

Let's be honest, that school isn't a good destination for anyone serious about a lot of things let alone athletics. 

48 minutes ago, Random1234 said:

Let's be honest, that school isn't a good destination for anyone serious about a lot of things let alone athletics. 

The school still graduates a lot of good kids. Plus, they have construction and welding classes that put a lot of guys on their feet once they graduate. I personally know 3 young men currently in lineman school that recently graduated from Howard. Those stories are never talked about, only the negative stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LloydBonafide said:

The school still graduates a lot of good kids. Plus, they have construction and welding classes that put a lot of guys on their feet once they graduate. I personally know 3 young men currently in lineman school that recently graduated from Howard. Those stories are never talked about, only the negative stuff.

Will the administration, l mean Howards and HCSS, support athletics enough that football and all sports can field competitive sports teams?

22 hours ago, LloydBonafide said:

I'm sure there are a plenty of success stories, I'm not denying that. It's just very unfortunate that there is an overwhelming amount of negative attached to that school that we never hear it. I personally don't believe it is Howard's fault in general though. I think they are facing the repercussions of the surrounding community, lack of parent involvement, funding, etc. And this all stems from the elementary grades on up. The schools that feed into Howard are problems in itself. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 3:36 PM, t-mac said:

DEDRICK MAFFETT is a great man and Howard man! He cares about the school and his players....try supporting him and watch it bloom! BTW no one wants to coach at HOWARD

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 3:41 PM, LloydBonafide said:

Do a search.  There are many people that will take the job.  The last coach was the real deal.  We have to not look for alumni to take over and find the best man for the job.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, t-mac said:

Do a search.  There are many people that will take the job.  The last coach was the real deal.  We have to not look for alumni to take over and find the best man for the job.  

As good as the last coach was he finished only 1 game over .500 and never won a playoff game. He saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship. Howard will be in 6A in the upcoming years. Who's signing up for that?