Camden at Jackson Central Merry

Beagle

16 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

What’s the word beagle on this team? I can’t find anything on them. 

11 minutes ago, Beagle said:

All they ever needed was coaching in past years. I have no idea now. I will let ya know Friday night.

Isn't JCM the team that just started back playing football last season since 2015? They weren't in a region last year. They're 1-1 with a win against a bad Liberty Tech Magnet and a loss by a not so good South Side. Haven't seen any film on them so not sure on their playstyle, but I like Camden in this one. @Beagle What were your thoughts on Bruceton compared to years past? Are they better than normally or does Camden's defense need a lot of work? (not a shot towards Camden, genuine question)

This game will be at Liberty. JCM had two years of "development" and the school system has yet broke ground on building a new stadium for them. If Camden doesn't slow down on offense, they should be able to score in the 30's with east. I like them to win, I'm not going to say the score specifically because of Camden's defense. This game could very well approach the 80's, won't be surprised if they hit 100 combined.

On 8/29/2023 at 1:45 PM, stangsby3 said:

Isn't JCM the team that just started back playing football last season since 2015? They weren't in a region last year. They're 1-1 with a win against a bad Liberty Tech Magnet and a loss by a not so good South Side. Haven't seen any film on them so not sure on their playstyle, but I like Camden in this one. @Beagle What were your thoughts on Bruceton compared to years past? Are they better than normally or does Camden's defense need a lot of work? (not a shot towards Camden, genuine question)

Bruceton is much improved. They have a nice mix of seniors and youngsters. They have a whole lot of discipline. No loss of tempers  that I can recall, The QB and RB are players no doubt. I was told RB is a Freshman and the QB a sophomore but I didn't know the guys who told me that.

Camden is also much improved over all.  More weight room, more players, more size. They have only 2 seniors 53 and 25. Things are definitely on the up tick in Camden. 

Our defense has not been good. the run defense has had its moments both ways and I think they can improve.

Pass defense isn't solid at all except at one CB spot where ever #7 lines up.

Camden has scored 100 plus and given up 100 plus in 2 games. I wouldn't take questioning the defense need for work as a shot against Camden. it is very clear they do :P 

Camden could do with a couple of speed guys to really stretch a defense too. They are there IMHO but they do not seem to be stepping up when they get their chances. 

Had to add there is a lot of season to go

I been proud of this Lions team and the coaches for sure.

Edited by Beagle

On 8/29/2023 at 2:31 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

This game will be at Liberty. JCM had two years of "development" and the school system has yet broke ground on building a new stadium for them. If Camden doesn't slow down on offense, they should be able to score in the 30's with east. I like them to win, I'm not going to say the score specifically because of Camden's defense. This game could very well approach the 80's, won't be surprised if they hit 100 combined.

I been thinking the same thing . I hope Camden gets it together on defense. I am too old for all this back and forth.

10 hours ago, Beagle said:

Bruceton is much improved. They have a nice mix of seniors and youngsters. They have a whole lot of discipline. No loss of tempers  that I can recall, The QB and RB are players no doubt. I was told RB is a Freshman and the QB a sophomore but I didn't know the guys who told me that.

Camden is also much improved over all.  More weight room, more players, more size. They have only 2 seniors 53 and 25. Things are definitely on the up tick in Camden. 

Our defense has not been good. the run defense has had its moments both ways and I think they can improve.

Camden has scored 100 plus and given up 100 plus in 2 games. I wouldn't take questioning the defense need for work as a shot against Camden. it is very clear they do :P 

Camden could do with a couple of speed guys to really stretch a defense too. They are there IMHO but they do not seem to be stepping up when they get their chances. 

QB for Bruceton is a JR , and they only have 3 starting SRs, bulk of the team is Sophomores. RB is a freshman and if they find a way to use #6 , which is really their best athlete they could be a dangerous team, especially in the future, Camden is also on the amend, they really controlled the duration of that game . Young team as well with the numbers and size . Issac is a stud athlete. Give me Camden in this game . 

12 hours ago, Beagle said:

Thanks for the info Beagle! Man, if Camden can get that defense straightened later in the season they may be right in the mix with everyone else in this region. it may be an even tougher region next year. I think next week when Huntingdon goes to Columbia Academy, I'm going to slide down the road and watch the Camden and Milan game. Plus I need to see that new field!