Boys Region 3AA Predictions

YAIMountainTop

On 11/8/2023 at 9:02 AM, Ace1413 said:

Agreed on York. I fully expect SC and Watertown to battle it out for the 2 seed. Should be close competitive games. 

From the outside looking in, and being a York fan. We would much rather see Smith County in district championship than Watertown. Last years game was much closer than the score indicated vs Watertown in Region Championship. Sprandling struggled, and looked as if they ran out of gas after a close one with Jackson Co. 100% expect to see a region championship rematch in the district finals. However, this is my keyboard warrior guess, could jackson or monterey sneak away with a win somewhere? 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, YAIMountainTop said:

Watertown to Host play day tomorrow, looks like their coach wants to play tougher competition early with playing Cookeville, and they go to Wilson Central for HOF? Any idea on who they are playing other than Wilson Central? Curious as to how they will grow through those first couple of games.  

Smith County to be in attendance as well, any idea on how they will stack up without their football guys? 

It will be a struggle without our football guys but the kids will compete. Will be good minutes for some guys that will play pivotal roles off the bench after Christmas. 

11 hours ago, YAIMountainTop said:

From the outside looking in, and being a York fan. We would much rather see Smith County in district championship than Watertown. Last years game was much closer than the score indicated vs Watertown in Region Championship. Sprandling struggled, and looked as if they ran out of gas after a close one with Jackson Co. 100% expect to see a region championship rematch in the district finals. However, this is my keyboard warrior guess, could jackson or monterey sneak away with a win somewhere? 

Nothing is a lock in high school sports but it will be tough for Jackson or Monterey to sneak a win in. 

On 11/10/2023 at 8:24 PM, Ace1413 said:

Nothing is a lock in high school sports but it will be tough for Jackson or Monterey to sneak a win in. 

I got to watch Watertown and Smith play yesterday. Watertown looked to be super competitive at the guard position down 4 to cookeville at the half before hitting a wall in the second half. Not having their big kid from last year hurts them. PG for might be the best PG in the region, high skill set, and wants to defend as well. I look for their coach to have them playing their best basketball again in February. 

Smith desperately needs their football guys back, really struggled offensively. Could see them finishing 3rd behind Watertown, or maybe even their being a tie with jackson county for 3rd if they manage to split. 

This district is shaping up to be a nice one this year. Everyone fighting to knock off York! This is my keyboard warrior knowledge, and i approve this message! 

On 11/12/2023 at 1:24 PM, Nontypical said:

Jackson co could b improved. They got a really good transfer over the summer!

Watertown to Host Mt Juliet Christian tonight, Smith at White County, Jackson at Friendship Christian, York at Oneida. What are the predictions? 

Watertown having a glorified scrimmage, Smith without football kids makes for a long night, can jackson compete with Friendship? York at oneida without football kids, Oneida by 10. 

2 hours ago, Ace1413 said:

Watertown falls to Mt Juliet Christian, Jackson loses big to FC, York plays Oneida tough, and Smith plays White County tough.

York and Smith competed well without their football guys.

Shocked by the Watertown score..

Watertown scored 78 points without running any set plays, just running a motion offense. I like their coaches philosophy behind it.. Teaching the kids how to play verses running sets like majority of high school coaches, personally feel like this is why they were so good last year during tournament time. I noticed their big kid was on the bench but not dressed. Assuming he's been injured however when he's back they will be solid defensively and rebounding wise. Defensively they struggled, looked like a lot of new guys getting minutes. I only recognized 3 kids from last years team playing. They graduate that many kids??? Not coming to their defense, but fully expect to see them playing their best basketball again in February. It doesn't matter who you play if you can score 80 points running a motion offense you're doing something right. I don't know much about MJCA, however they shot the ball extremely well and made some questionable shots. 

Oneida played us very well, oneida has always been a competitive team and they have some kids that can play, the twin brothers keetons are some of the better players in the area for sure. Their coach gets them playing hard as well, all in all we will see them again later, could image it being a drag out of a game! 

5 hours ago, YAIMountainTop said:

Watertown scored 78 points without running any set plays, just running a motion offense. I like their coaches philosophy behind it.. Teaching the kids how to play verses running sets like majority of high school coaches, personally feel like this is why they were so good last year during tournament time. I noticed their big kid was on the bench but not dressed. Assuming he's been injured however when he's back they will be solid defensively and rebounding wise. Defensively they struggled, looked like a lot of new guys getting minutes. I only recognized 3 kids from last years team playing. They graduate that many kids??? Not coming to their defense, but fully expect to see them playing their best basketball again in February. It doesn't matter who you play if you can score 80 points running a motion offense you're doing something right. I don't know much about MJCA, however they shot the ball extremely well and made some questionable shots. 

Oneida played us very well, oneida has always been a competitive team and they have some kids that can play, the twin brothers keetons are some of the better players in the area for sure. Their coach gets them playing hard as well, all in all we will see them again later, could image it being a drag out of a game! 

Over the last 3 years, MJCA has a record of 5-60. 1-22 last year. Props to MJCA on the win, but last night's result is quite the head scratcher.

53 minutes ago, Ace1413 said:

Over the last 3 years, MJCA has a record of 5-60. 1-22 last year. Props to MJCA on the win, but last night's result is quite the head scratcher.

Heard today MJCA got a couple transfers, explains how they made it a game. Watertown played 3 freshman and 1 senior, they are young, and will figure it out just like last year. If watertowns big kid that was on the bench plays they wins that game by 15+. From an outside person looking in Watertown doesn’t have the athletes like they had in years past with Baldy the previous coach got out while Getting was good! 

Again don’t be shocked to see Watertown and Our Dragons again, couldn’t imagine it being close! Looking forward to getting our football guys back! Fight dragons fight! 

14 hours ago, YAIMountainTop said:

Heard today MJCA got a couple transfers, explains how they made it a game. Watertown played 3 freshman and 1 senior, they are young, and will figure it out just like last year. If watertowns big kid that was on the bench plays they wins that game by 15+. From an outside person looking in Watertown doesn’t have the athletes like they had in years past with Baldy the previous coach got out while Getting was good! 

Again don’t be shocked to see Watertown and Our Dragons again, couldn’t imagine it being close! Looking forward to getting our football guys back! Fight dragons fight! 

Your infatuation with the Watertown Purprle Tigers wasn't expected lol

On 11/16/2023 at 9:10 AM, Ace1413 said:

Your infatuation with the Watertown Purprle Tigers wasn't expected lol

I like a good underdog, and their style of play! Being a York guy, I've grown to hate most teams  in 2A due to the hate we get. Anyone see Monterey last night? Gordonsville won by a landslide from what I've been told. Couldn't imagine them recovering from losing their head coach. Looks to have lost their edge from the firey coach they had! Still early for everyone though.  I heard Jackson County picked up Monterey's best player? Any truth to this? I haven't seen them play yet. 

Looks like a long weekend for Jackson, Watertown both which are playing 3A 4A schools and Smith according to their schedule playing livingston. Couldn't imagine either team picking up a win this weekend, smith maybe vs Clarkrange.