Boys Region 3AA Predictions

YAIMountainTop

What are the predictions for Region 3AA? This was an exciting region tournament last year.  Any chance York plays in State tourney again? Any sleepers to watch for? York unanimously the front runner (no brainer). Always enjoy watching York but How does the rest of the region look?

Personal predictions Per District and records: 

District 5AA: District is full of quality coaches and players, may end up being a knockdown drag out of a Tournament

1. York (8-0) 

(returning pretty much everything, probably getting transfers as usual. A state Tourney team for sure, could there be a potential rematch between them and Westmoreland for the region title?)

2(3). Smith (5-3)

(graduated a load, expect to see Hix improved, if he doesn't play they could finish last. Struggled to score it this summer, no true PG like recent years.)

2(3). Watertown (5-3)

(graduated 1000pt scorer Trent Spradlin, Returning several guys. Watching them play this summer shot the ball extremely well, really missed inside presence of big guy. Did he graduate?  If not and he plays they could be a contender with their guard play this summer, Seen Goody (PG) had a good summer with some new guys in the mix. Heard they got a transfer in, Kid from Nashville Area? Could image they play with a chip on their shoulder after being doubted all year and finishing like they did. 

4. Jackson Co (2-6)

(graduating their best class I've yet to see, will struggle i could image against good guard teams. Watched them this summer, seemed extremely young. Have them finishing 4th due to player level, will be interesting to see how their coach gets them going. Heard they got a couple new kids after the summer break, typical for them??) 

5. Monterey (0-8) (losing their coach "Lynus" was a big impact. Graduating arguably the two best guards in the region, watching them this summer had spurts of playing well, but hearing turmoil took their summer, watching them seemed as if culture and attitudes were horrible.) 

District 6AA: Couldn't image their being a better coach than Abner in this district.

1. Westmoreland (6-0)

(returning Abner and their new district, should sweep it. Couldn't imagine any of the district being better than they are, Also very HUGE. Will they develop better guard play? Thought they were a for sure lock last year, guard play got them.) 

2. Liberty Creek (4-2)

(young but played hard last year in the games I watched. Coached very well, could possible sneak away with the District Title) 

3. White House Heritage (1-5)

(haven't seen them play but couldn't image them being any worse or better than Trousdale co) 

4. Trousdale Co (1-5)

(couldn't imagine them being better than liberty creek or Westmoreland. I don't know enough about white house heritage to say they are any better. 

*2-4 could be a toss up, neither of the bottom 3 are very impressive or better than Westmoreland I could imagine.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, YAIMountainTop said:

What are the predictions for Region 3AA? This was an exciting region tournament last year.  Any chance York plays in State tourney again? Any sleepers to watch for? York unanimously the front runner (no brainer). Always enjoy watching York but How does the rest of the region look?

District 5AA: District is full of quality coaches and players, may end up being a knockdown drag out of a Tournament

1. York (8-0) 

(returning pretty much everything, probably getting transfers as usual. A state Tourney team for sure, could there be a potential rematch between them and Westmoreland for the region title?)

2(3). Smith (5-3)

(graduated a load, expect to see Hix improved, if he doesn't play they could finish last. Struggled to score it this summer, no true PG like recent years.)

2(3). Watertown (5-3)

(graduated 1000pt scorer Trent Spradlin, Returning several guys. Watching them play this summer shot the ball extremely well, really missed inside presence of big guy. Did he graduate?  If not and he plays they could be a contender with their guard play this summer, Seen Goody (PG) had a good summer with some new guys in the mix. Heard they got a transfer in, Kid from Nashville Area? Could image they play with a chip on their shoulder after being doubted all year and finishing like they did. 

4. Jackson Co (2-6)

(graduating their best class I've yet to see, will struggle i could image against good guard teams. Watched them this summer, seemed extremely young. Have them finishing 4th due to player level, will be interesting to see how their coach gets them going. Heard they got a couple new kids after the summer break, typical for them??) 

5. Monterey (0-8) (losing their coach "Lynus" was a big impact. Graduating arguably the two best guards in the region, watching them this summer had spurts of playing well, but hearing turmoil took their summer, watching them seemed as if culture and attitudes were horrible.) 

District 6AA: Couldn't image their being a better coach than Abner in this district.

1. Westmoreland (6-0)

(returning Abner and their new district, should sweep it. Couldn't imagine any of the district being better than they are, Also very HUGE. Will they develop better guard play? Thought they were a for sure lock last year, guard play got them.) 

2. Liberty Creek (4-2)

(young but played hard last year in the games I watched. Coached very well, could possible sneak away with the District Title) 

(haven't seen them play but couldn't image them being any worse or better than Trousdale co) 

4. Trousdale Co (1-5)

(couldn't imagine them being better than liberty creek or Westmoreland. I don't know enough about white house heritage to say they are any better. 

*2-4 could be a toss up, neither of the bottom 3 are very impressive or better than Westmoreland I could imagine.

I heard Liberty Creek is ready to make some noise over there... I haven't seen them but was told by a middle tn guy that they may win their district and compete for region championship.

18 hours ago, YAIMountainTop said:

Liberty Creek was average at best last year, and graduated a couple kids. Well coached team, but they don't have the players like York or Westmoreland, unless someone has transferred in. Very possible with that area and their facilities! 

thanks for the info. Hard for me to see teams play outside of west tn 

On 8/30/2023 at 9:15 AM, YAIMountainTop said:

1. York (8-0) 

2(3). Smith (5-3)

2(3). Watertown (5-3)

4. Jackson Co (2-6)

1. Westmoreland (6-0)

2. Liberty Creek (4-2)

4. Trousdale Co (1-5)

York is VERY good 1-5. Desperately need some subs to step up (potential is there). Should have no issues with district (barring injuries). Region/sub- state/ state will come down to depth. 

• 3 weeks later...

1. York (8-0) 

2(3). Smith (5-3)

2(3). Watertown (5-3)

4. Jackson Co (2-6)

1. Westmoreland (6-0)

2. Liberty Creek (4-2)

4. Trousdale Co (1-5)

White House heritage will be solid. They graduated all starters I believe but I watched some of there boys play this summer and their jv games last year. I could see them top 3 or maybe 1-2 in district. 

• 1 month later...

1. York (8-0) 

2(3). Smith (5-3)

2(3). Watertown (5-3)

4. Jackson Co (2-6)

1. Westmoreland (6-0)

2. Liberty Creek (4-2)

4. Trousdale Co (1-5)

Smith lost a ton of experience but they have a several freshman that can play. Look for them to hit their stride after Christmas.

23 hours ago, Ace1413 said:

Smith lost a ton of experience but they have a several freshman that can play. Look for them to hit their stride after Christmas.

Caught wind yesterday that One of smiths best returners is out with a broken collar bone?? Any truth to this? Could really hurt them starting the season out with already losing Dickerson and their PG. 

53 minutes ago, YAIMountainTop said:

Caught wind yesterday that One of smiths best returners is out with a broken collar bone?? Any truth to this? Could really hurt them starting the season out with already losing Dickerson and their PG. 

It is true but he broke his collar bone on Sep. 29th vs Upperman. If his recovery goes well and the football team continues to win, he could make a return there before making it to the hardwood. 

13 hours ago, Ace1413 said:

It is true but he broke his collar bone on Sep. 29th vs Upperman. If his recovery goes well and the football team continues to win, he could make a return there before making it to the hardwood. 

Couldn't imagine smith county would be good enough at the guard spot like York let alone Watertown based on the summer even with him returning? My biased but educated opinion, York is better than both teams, Watertown and Smith are fighting for a first round region game at home. York will host Whitehouse Heritage, Watertown will host Trousdale Co, Smith travels to Liberty Creek, and Jackson Co travels to Westmoreland. Just the magic 8 ball guess. 

10 hours ago, YAIMountainTop said:

Couldn't imagine smith county would be good enough at the guard spot like York let alone Watertown based on the summer even with him returning? My biased but educated opinion, York is better than both teams, Watertown and Smith are fighting for a first round region game at home. York will host Whitehouse Heritage, Watertown will host Trousdale Co, Smith travels to Liberty Creek, and Jackson Co travels to Westmoreland. Just the magic 8 ball guess. 

Agreed on York. I fully expect SC and Watertown to battle it out for the 2 seed. Should be close competitive games. 

Watertown to Host play day tomorrow, looks like their coach wants to play tougher competition early with playing Cookeville, and they go to Wilson Central for HOF? Any idea on who they are playing other than Wilson Central? Curious as to how they will grow through those first couple of games.  

Smith County to be in attendance as well, any idea on how they will stack up without their football guys?