DB travels to Jeff County

DBKPT93

53 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Maybe a bigger game for Jeff than DB as they need a win to stay in the race for the Region. DB has to use their skill to get Jeff behind and force them to throw more than they want to. I’ll take the Indians in a close one 21-14

If Jeff County wins, they have the region all but locked up since they have the big two out of the way.  No way they lose to Mo East, Slick Willy B or the (not) ridge.

2022 (DB wins 34-10)
2021 (JEFFERSON COUNTY wins 35-21)
2020 (DB wins 42-0)
2019 (DB wins 35-0)
2018 (DB wins 22-13)
2017 (DB wins 39-0)
2016 (DB wins 45-14)
2015 (JEFFERSON COUNTY wins 39-34)
2011 (DB wins 37-14)
2010 (DB wins 28-3)
2008 (DB wins 28-6)
2007 (DB wins 33-14)
2006 (DB wins 46-7)
2005 (DB wins 27-3)
2004 (DB wins 13-3)
2003 (DB wins 34-23)
2002 (DB wins 35-12)
2002 (DB wins 26-15)
2001 (DB wins 40-8)
2000 (DB wins 39-7)
1999 (DB wins 38-0)
1998 (DB wins 35-13)
1997 (DB wins 27-7)
1996 (DB wins 33-21)
1995 (DB wins 23-6)
1994 (DB wins 28-7)
1993 (DB wins 19-15)
1991 (JEFFERSON COUNTY wins 13-12)
1983 (JEFFERSON COUNTY wins 21-14)

2 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

DB is most likely the 1 seed while Farragut would be 3rd seed at best, in their respective regions

I actually agree with all the guys who said R1 will go 0-4 in round 1.        I would further add that R1 5A will go 0-4 as well.      Big boy football in NET is likely never going to be much except for those once in a blue moon years when an anomaly of very good athletes by chance happen to take the field in the same season.          But 5A/6A cannot consistently compete with Knox County and beyond.

9 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I actually agree with all the guys who said R1 will go 0-4 in round 1.        I would further add that R1 5A will go 0-4 as well.      Big boy football in NET is likely never going to be much except for those once in a blue moon years when an anomaly of very good athletes by chance happen to take the field in the same season.          But 5A/6A cannot consistently compete with Knox County and beyond.

Yes now that Powell got moved into R2 5A I would agree with that statement as well. It doesn't make sense though for NET. They have huge schools and look great coming off the bus. I've never understood it

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Yes now that Powell got moved into R2 5A I would agree with that statement as well. It doesn't make sense though for NET. They have huge schools and look great coming off the bus. I've never understood it

DB (2503) and Science Hill (2380) are the 3rd & 5th biggest high schools in the state.      But it's not always about school size, although statistically there should always be more athletes to choose from, but so much more goes into a successful football program.      The bottom line is that none of the NET big boy schools are serious about football like in Knox County and beyond

46 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

It's just a matter of coaching and feeder school "systems" (development). Last year I stopped by Sevier Middle School and watched practice for a few minutes. My first thought was wow, these boys are big and athletic looking for a middle school team. And they had good numbers. I think they went on to win just one game last year. Same thing this year when I stopped by. Big, athletic looking, and a lot of players. I'm not going to get my expectations up. Very poor coaching and development in the pee-wees and middle schools. Same thing at Science Hill, Boone and Tn. High. You can't just sit back and wait for a good group to come along. Thats why DB has a good team about every 5 or 6 years and Greeneville and Elizabethton is good every year. 

• Like 1