DB travels to Jeff County

DBKPT93

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Because Boone has Elizabethton and Mo. West has Greeneville. Both teams just eliminated two sure loses by scheduling the make-up game this way. The TSSAA shouldn't allow this. 

Just because Boone loses to Elizabethton  92% of the time doesn't necessarily mean..... oh wait, yeah, I guess it does....   But based on the past 50 years we are due to beat Elizabethton in 2039 or 2040.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timcraw said:

The problem with making a qb switch is that our backup is Gib Maupin (Elizabethton transfer). He hasn't been in the program long enough to know the playbook. I have inside info confirming that he is having trouble learning to entire play book. Unfortunate because that guy can sling it. 

Can it get worse? I mean really! Everyone is complaining about the offense. If you never put Gib in, I guarantee he will never play well. If you never buy a lottery ticket, I guarantee you will never win. You get what I’m saying! They way DB is playing, I fully expect Betsy to get it’s first win over them since my senior year…1988! Yeah. It’s been that long. Betsy stuffed SH run game and dared them to throw it. You MUST be a balanced team to hang with that bunch. Hitting one or two passes here and there won’t cut it. And the other throws, if not on target, are susceptible to being picked. It could beg ugly. And this Betsy group is playing with a chip in it’s shoulder this season. They have something to prove. And they are doing it one game at a time. Well coached. Well prepared both from a physical and mental standpoint. Focused and motivated. DB better figure it out. Rant…over. Sorry.

21 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Can it get worse? I mean really! Everyone is complaining about the offense. If you never put Gib in, I guarantee he will never play well. If you never buy a lottery ticket, I guarantee you will never win. You get what I’m saying! They way DB is playing, I fully expect Betsy to get it’s first win over them since my senior year…1988! Yeah. It’s been that long. Betsy stuffed SH run game and dared them to throw it. You MUST be a balanced team to hang with that bunch. Hitting one or two passes here and there won’t cut it. And the other throws, if not on target, are susceptible to being picked. It could beg ugly. And this Betsy group is playing with a chip in it’s shoulder this season. They have something to prove. And they are doing it one game at a time. Well coached. Well prepared both from a physical and mental standpoint. Focused and motivated. DB better figure it out. Rant…over. Sorry.

Wow Dave you have been letting it all out over your last few posts.

59 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Just because Boone loses to Elizabethton  92% of the time doesn't necessarily mean..... oh wait, yeah, I guess it does....   But based on the past 50 years we are due to beat Elizabethton in 2039 or 2040.

We need this Boone game because it’s usually a physical game and that only makes us more prepared for the playoffs.Very disappointing they could not play this hame over the weekend.

8 minutes ago, lawnman said:

We need this Boone game because it’s usually a physical game and that only makes us more prepared for the playoffs.Very disappointing they could not play this hame over the weekend.

I agree, and we both know there is no way Boone wins but we always seem to play you guys close even though you are nearly always the better team.       There has to be a way it could have been worked out for us to play MW today or tomorrow

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

I agree, and we both know there is no way Boone wins but we always seem to play you guys close even though you are nearly always the better team.       There has to be a way it could have been worked out for us to play MW today or tomorrow

You would think they could have played this weekend and your coach always has Boone ready to play against Betsy.Most years it’s a great game and very physical.

1 hour ago, timcraw said:

The problem with making a qb switch is that our backup is Gib Maupin (Elizabethton transfer). He hasn't been in the program long enough to know the playbook. I have inside info confirming that he is having trouble learning to entire play book. Unfortunate because that guy can sling it. 

Wouldn’t it be very interesting if Gib started against Betsy in 3 weeks.

Skill level wise probably the worst I’ve ever seen DB. They always have a difference maker on the offense.  On the other hand this may be best RB rooms the Patriots have had and one of the top D’s in a long time. Just a perfect storm with the 2 “Top Dogs” being down.  Patriots capable of winning Region game but some of the intangibles have to be fixed.