Boyd-Buchanan...good team?

bucbasketball43

I have watched all of boyd's games this year and they seem to be strong. They have a senior lead team and they have won all of their games except one to a team that finished in the semi-finals in the state of georgia last year and all their starters have returned. The football players who play basketball for them are returning this week. Expect to see them to finish as one of if not the top in state.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a pretty strong team this year I think. Which of their football players also plays basketball? I had thought that their quarterback (Healy is his name, I think) and one of their taller posts (Hicman-is it spelled right?) weren't going to play this year. What is the story on them and other football players playing hoops?

THe Buc team this year looks very strong, they have good leadership, and sportsmanship. There basics are strong, and they play good ole' fashioned basketball. One person who stands out is, Matt Richamn who looks very good and talented, he should definitely play some college ball because hes very good. He's one of the team captains,and leads the team, with honor and pride.He's definitely one we should watch for this season.

I think boyd will be a good team this year. I think that they will be much better then they were last year. We have several players that stand out. I also think that we will have a good team for the next several years. Cause when BOyd is up we let freshmen play. They seem to have alot of skill and will help the team to be good. Who are you BBSSOCCER2--. Are you at their games. Cause I am at all of them. At least all Varsity.

the truth about boyd's basketball team is the same with all other boyd sports.....they'll be as good as they want to be. they have both the capacity to greatly succeed, or they can finish early in the post season (like last year). as of now, without the football guys, the team is 4-1 with a 2-0 record in district play. this is a testament to their unselfishness and hard work.

there is a major uncertainty, though. how will the team react to the football players coming back? will there be more sparks added to the fire that is fueling their tenacity (which i really hope will be the case)? or will there be a repeat of last year's team, which sorely underachieved.

why did they underachieve? i really believe it was the attitude of the team. there were players that didn't believe in the coach's system. the result was players worrying about their own stats, playing time, etc. a huge selfishness festered last year's team. people immaturely talked behind the coach's back and rallied people against him. HOW RIDICULOUS!!! do they not know that he was a college coach before he came to bbs? do they really think that he doesn't know what he's talking about?

whatever happened to doing what a coach says...? no questions asked.

now the question is how will the returning players begin this new season? there is so much talent that its hard not to get frustrated at people when they think of themselves and not the team.

one of the best things that the basketball team has going for it now is the coach. he is extremely knowledgeable about the game. its a question of humility and trust.

the bottom line is that if there will be dissention in the team because of selfishness and lack of trust in the coach, then those players would honestly......HONESTLY do themselves AND the team a favor by not putting themselves in that situation.

everyone of the basketball players, including those that play football, are wonderful people. anyone who knows them personally will agree. my hope is that this team will concentrate on what they can accomplish together and how the coaches can improve them as a team.

great post blueandgoldfan. You hit the nail right on the head. I happen to know the coach very well. Many hours are spent studying film, scouting opponents, planning practices... Above his knowledge of the game, he loves those kids and would do anything for them. I sense a very strong feeling of love and unity on this year's team. With that and hard work, only great things will happen!! :o

Guest bopperbird33

With the addition of the Football players joining the basketball team the bucs will be a team to be reckoned with..they will have experience and depth...The guys will be coming off an incredible football season and their confidence level should be high..They have what it takes but it will remain to be seen if they bind together and become a unit. they have quickness, size, strength, and experience. If they play hard and work together and listen to one of the top coaches in the state they will be staying in the garden plaza hotel in murfreesboro. Go Bucs!

well, to follow up my last statement...

last night was the 1st game with the football guys back in the line-up. the game was, in a word, sloppy. very sloppy. but, what can you expect from guys who haven't been to a single practice thus far? defensive effort was strong, which is typical for the team. offensively, the team struggled, as expected.

the main point, however, is that the attitude of the team was great. the groundwork was laid for a true TEAM concept. the awkwardness on offense will pass, and i can only hope that the TEAM concept will continue to develop.

with the "football" (i say "football", but now they're really "basketball" guys) returning, its easy to see that the athleticism has risen dramatically. there are so many weapons that can be used. it would be easy to become jealous of others' success, but a true TEAM wouldn't care about such things. i hope the guys can understand that.

This team is going to struggle. Anyone that thinks they will do well is either from Boyd or they have not seen this group play. BopperBird33 do you even know where the Murphy Center is? I did not think so!!

vball20 did I mention anything about the Garden Plaza Hotel? A lot of people stayed at that hotel in 1996. Read a post before you reply!! All I am saying is that this team is not very good. They have a quality program, but this could be called a rebuilding year for the team. bopperbird33 may have been a guest at the hotel, but that does not qualify him to evaluate a basketball team. He is obviously not a reliable source if he thinks that this team can make it to the Murphy Center! I am not sure that you guys know what it takes to make that far in basketball. You may have been a basketball school in the past, but now its a fball school. ;)

to set the record straight, chism--bopperbird33 was a member of the state championhip team in '96. he was district tourn MVP, region tourn. MVP, and named to the all state tourn. team. BBS beat Perry Co in the finals. Perry Co. was led by Kirk Haston who played at Indiana and now plays in the NBA. Bopper definitely has a right to make statements regarding BBS basketball--for the reasons stated above and his brother-in-law is the coach.

You on the other hand have no right and obviously no knowledge about BBS basketball. How can you say this is a rebuilding year when we have 7 seniors on this year's team and lost only 1 starter off last year's team?? BBS basketball will always be strong no matter how well the football team does. In fact, the success of the football team is already carrying over to the bb team.

Enough said. the rest will be said on the court! GO BUCS!