Boyd-Buchanan...good team?

bucbasketball43

Chism I think that you need to come back to reality. Don't discredit the players on that 96 team by saying it was just coaching that got them there. Yes Coach Perry was a great coach but I know that he would definitely disagree with the statement that his coaching won the state and that with an average coach that team would not have made it out of region. That is the biggest bunch of bull I have ever heard. Some of Boyd's greatest players ever played on that team and that team had more heart and determination than just about any team I have seen. So don't get on here and say crap like that. I have been following Boyd basketball since the mid 80's and that was one of Boyd's greatest teams. I have seen Boyd play this year (since everyone returned) and they look really solid. They have several guys who can shoot the 3 and the post play of Ringold has improved a lot. Boyd can hang with anyone in the region this year and have as good of a chance as anyone to get to substate.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just trying to give Bopper a hard time about the '96 team. They were a great team for several reasons. I have just been trying to get Bopper mad. Would someone please tell him to send me a line.

I also have been having fun with the rest of you guys! It is too easy to get you flustered. This years team will be very good if they can achieve one thing, UNITY! I agree that people have watched this group since MS, but it has been disappointing to see their lack of support for their team members and more than anything the coaches!If they come together and listen to a great coach, then they can live up to everyone's expectations. There is no doubt something very special about BBS Basketball. It should be an honor to wear that jersey. I know that you guys are very good and you will determine how far you go in the post season. Obviously a lot of you know how much work it takes to win, ie. Football. Apply that same work ethic and mentality to ball and you guys will be awesome come Feb and March.

Tell Bopper that he is a pansy!

I KNEW YOU WOULD COME AROUND CHISM.

YOUR SAID A LOT OF GOOD THINGS IN YOUR LAST POST.

BOPPER CAME BY LAST NIGHT AND I FORGOT TO TELL HIM TO LOOK AT THIS THREAD. I WILL GIVE HIM YOUR MESSAGE.

HE WILL WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE, SO YOU NEED TO DROP SOME HINTS...

THIS IS TO THE FANS OF BBS BB: THE TEAM IS HAVING SUCCESS RIGHT NOW. THEY ARE EXCITED ABOUT THEIR TEAM AND HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD. STAY BEHIND THEM, ENCOURAGE THEM, CHEER FOR THEM. WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING IN A GAME, IT MEANS A LOT TO LOOK IN THE STANDS AND KNOW YOU HAVE A LOT OF SUPPORT. THE FOOTBALL GUYS WILL TELL YOU THAT. KEEP YELLING FOR THE BUCS!!! :)

I still do not know who you thnk I am! Someone told me that WH and BB was that Healy kid and Beckam. Is that right. I have never met those kids, but think that they are both great student athletes. That Healy boy threw a TD to that Beckam kid at FRA that may have been in the top ten plays of the year. I hope to one day meet those two young athletes and get an autograph. What do you mean MEMPHIS? :confused:

Chism- I heard the reason the '96 team won the state was b/c they had this awesome point guard who use to live on Signal Mtn. He was the catalyst of that team and the key to their success. What is your opinion?

As far as us taking this board too serious, it's you that is posting messages all the time... :D

The '96 team's point gaurd was not very good!

I guess that I am pretty bored today and need some entertainment! vball, who are you? Hints! I do not take this seriously, that is obvious by every psot that is mine!

you wont get any clues from me until you give me some as to who you are. I am pretty sure that our previous guess was correct....

by the way I will give you the most current update on the Bucs- going in to the xmas break, we are 8-1 and undefeated in the district. We will play in the tourn at FHU Jan 2-4, and then we look forward to hosting the Blue Tornado on the 7th.

GO BUCS! :)