Favorite Sports Movie?

92Dragon

5 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite sports movies are. Mine are these 

Football- Remember The Titans

Basketball - Hoosiers

Hockey- Miracle

Baseball- Major League

Racing- Days Of Thunder

Hooisers  is my favorite of all time. Nobody else in my age group  really knew about it, lucky I had a dad who introduced me to so much classic media growing up, I basically have the same knowledge of it as someone twice my age lol

7 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Basketball - Hoosiers

Hockey- Miracle

Baseball- Major League

Racing- Days Of Thunder

Can't believe the real life hoosiers  came up against Oscar Robertson team and won

8 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Hooisers  is my favorite of all time. Nobody else in my age group  really knew about it, lucky I had a dad who introduced me to so much classic media growing up, I basically have the same knowledge of it as someone twice my age lol

I agree. Hoosiers is my favorite of all the ones I mentioned. I watch it everytime it comes on. 

20 hours ago, RichyRich said:

If you like Hoosiers, you need to see "The Final Season" With Sean Astin and Powers Boothe. The story line is similar...it's also based on a true story about a small school and the community who supports it while pursuing a state championship. I'll take basketball over baseball every time, but the tradition along with timeless issues in this one blows "Hoosiers" to the back seat. Can't believe that more people don't have it on their instant classic list.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

If you like Hoosiers, you need to see "The Final Season" With Sean Astin and Powers Boothe. The story line is similar...it's also based on a true story about a small school and the community who supports it while pursuing a state championship. I'll take basketball over baseball every time, but the tradition along with timeless issues in this one blows "Hoosiers" to the back seat. Can't believe that more people don't have it on their instant classic list.

I'll have to look it up, powers Booth was on red dawn (1983) wasn't he as the dude who helped train the wolverines?

5 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I'll have to look it up, powers Booth was on red dawn (1983) wasn't he as the dude who helped train the wolverines?

Yes, that was him. He was in many military movies early in his career (my favorite was Southern Comfort), but was not ex military. Great performance in The Final Season too.

On 9/4/2023 at 1:54 PM, 92Dragon said:

Basketball - Hoosiers

Hockey- Miracle

Baseball- Major League

Racing- Days Of Thunder

Football - Semi Tough

Basketball- Hoosiers

Baseball -Bull Durham

Hockey -Slapshot

Racing - Six Pack

Communist Kickball - Victory