Greeneville vs Morristown West game canceled?

greengreen22

Wait. I thought they couldn’t play yesterday because it wasn’t safe to play a game on Monday and then again on a Friday? At least that’s what Boone AD Danny Good said.

FROM KINGSPORT TIMES NEWS ARTICLE: “Monday wasn’t ideal because it doesn’t put the kids from Morristown West and Daniel Boone in the best position to be successful, having two games in four days,” Good said. “It’s unsafe, and we’re not going to ask our kids to do that.”

But now, Tuesday and Friday are ok?  Someone help me out here! So, they could have played it yesterday and saved this weeks scheduled games. Anyone have any insight into this situation? I need to understand what’s happening here. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Wait. I thought they couldn’t play yesterday because it wasn’t safe to play a game on Monday and then again on a Friday? At least that’s what Boone AD Danny Good said.

FROM KINGSPORT TIMES NEWS ARTICLE: “Monday wasn’t ideal because it doesn’t put the kids from Morristown West and Daniel Boone in the best position to be successful, having two games in four days,” Good said. “It’s unsafe, and we’re not going to ask our kids to do that.”

But now, Tuesday and Friday are ok?  Someone help me out here! So, they could have played it yesterday and saved this weeks scheduled games. Anyone have any insight into this situation? I need to understand what’s happening here. 

I guess since Mo West had a bye week coming up they were ok to play and G’Ville, we’ll they just want/need to play football! Oh well.

I'd have a hard time understanding the two game  thoughts as well. I know that even back in the seventies as a 10th grader,I'd play offense during the JV games and then Linebacker on friday nights.Young men have done that ever since.I never forget seeing a MW starter from the friday before playing where he started on JV as well. I talked the Devil JV coach into letting me play Linebacker that day. The MW players seemed to be at half speed for me that day,I lived in the MW backfield .Shame that I went girl crazy and playing football became a distant thought.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'd have a hard time understanding the two game  thoughts as well. I know that even back in the seventies as a 10th grader,I'd play offense during the JV games and then Linebacker on friday nights.Young men have done that ever since.I never forget seeing a MW starter from the friday before playing where he started on JV as well. I talked the Devil JV coach into letting me play Linebacker that day. The MW players seemed to be at half speed for me that day,I lived in the MW backfield .Shame that I went girl crazy and playing football became a distant thought.

Stole my thunder Batman. As Head JV coach under Coach Sorrells for 8 years, it was an absolute I had to follow. Most teams in the IMAC followed that unwritten rule.

47 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

You have to ask a Crockett alumni. They didn’t follow the unwritten rule, but they still had a negative outcome on Monday or Friday for that matter.

I wondered when my youngest Indian played on one of the better 9th grade teams I've ever seen in 2014 at DB.The Greeneville JV team was their only loss and that I understand because Greeneville knows what a strength program is and another year makes a difference . However, the Crockett JV team gave them a good game over there but must have left some of their studs at home when they came to kingsport for the 2nd meeting, at least it seemed that way.Some teams play to win and some use the JV for what it is supposed to be.