DB vs Asheville (NC) ?

DBKPT93

18 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

I heard the same. Handing the keys to Maupin. 

Story I got was Maupin is the one that struggled in the spring with the signals and calling the plays, so they started Will, I was just curious if Hurd had done anything warranting a change.  Or is Maupin just the better player and has figured out the playbook now.  

6 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Story I got was Maupin is the one that struggled in the spring with the signals and calling the plays, so they started Will, I was just curious if Hurd had done anything warranting a change.  Or is Maupin just the better player and has figured out the playbook now.  

Asheville leads at halftime 16-13. They look like an average team. DB looks like they're struggling to stay on the field with them. Maupin didn't last long. Amazing the coaches thought he was ready to take over. Looked completely lost out there. Some really stupid play calling at the end of the first half. I think Asheville has had only one incomplete pass. 

2 minutes ago, scott12 said:

Asheville speed causing trouble for the Indians, not use to seeing speed. Still surprise with 4 starters out Asheville has that more speed.

Asheville has some speed, but I wouldn't say it's something DB is not used to. The only place I see it is with their receivers running wide open, That happens with every team we play. It's deceiving. Everybody looks fast against our secondary. 

6 minutes ago, timcraw said:

Why did this thread end with negative posts???? Defense looked great, Will Hurd showed up in the 2nd half along with the run game. Went on to win 41 to 16! I guess people only care about db when they are losing...

DB did look like a different team in the second half. They took over the line of scrimmage and Asheville lost focus and started getting mouthy. That first half was a bit embarrassing though. Poor play calling and I'm not sure what the plan was at quarterback. There was a 3 touchdown swing in that first half because of poor coaching decisions. 

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

Glad to see the Indians win, if not for a scheduling foul up they would have been playing Oak Ridge last night, which would be better for both, but we will have to wait until 2025 to see each other again. 

Playing every year should be set in stone for OR & DB. A great rivalry with a lot of history and always played with respect by both schools. And I think the series is close to being tied. 

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Playing every year should be set in stone for OR & DB. A great rivalry with a lot of history and always played with respect by both schools. And I think the series is close to being tied. 

I believe it's 23 to 22 in favor of the Indians. Not sure how many ties back in the day

22 hours ago, timcraw said:

Why did this thread end with negative posts???? Defense looked great, Will Hurd showed up in the 2nd half along with the run game. Went on to win 41 to 16! I guess people only care about db when they are losing...

A win is a win but Asheville just lost their D1 guy to AC Reynolds earlier in the week and were down 4 starters. DB did what they needed to do. Hopefully they can get it worked and finish the season strong. Makes all of us look better if our 6a teams do well

On 9/15/2023 at 10:49 PM, timcraw said:

Nah just sick of people hyping up DB just to lose in the playoffs every year. No one is ragging on the players, only the program. Some of us just wish more programs took winning titles seriously in region 1.

Edited by ElizabethtonCyclonesRock

10 hours ago, ElizabethtonCyclonesRock said:

Nah just sick of people hyping up DB just to lose in the playoffs every year. No one is ragging on the players, only the program. Some of us just wish more programs took winning titles seriously in region 1.

Thats easy for you to say..... and I kinda' see your point. But seems like that ended about 10-15 years ago. I don't really see anybody hyping up DB's chances of winning a state championship or even advancing past the third round. That used to be the norm but I think everybody knows what to expect now. We just need something to brag about and as long as we have that great band we're good.