Bulllanders vrs the Clouddogs

pujo

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

As always a wild night at Roan Mt,Who takes it and why.

Hampton.  It's not really about numbers either.  We are a team of linemen and fullbacks.  We don't get whipped up the middle but we can't catch a good athlete who gets the corner.  I'd say it'll be a 42-18 type of game.  After this past week I can confidently say it's our region to lose but Friday night will be tough for the Landers 

12 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Hampton.  It's not really about numbers either.  We are a team of linemen and fullbacks.  We don't get whipped up the middle but we can't catch a good athlete who gets the corner.  I'd say it'll be a 42-18 type of game.  After this past week I can confidently say it's our region to lose but Friday night will be tough for the Landers 

Looks like the only comp could be Jellico, but I'd say you lay it on um.

4 hours ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

Hampton 42-18.  Hampton will score a few TDs, but if the Gap was able to score by running, Cloudland maybe able to run some in also. 

You never see that CG offence, its tricky as heck, 4 in the backfield and you have to tackle them all, they always get a big play or 2 because you'll tackle the wrong cat.  Cloudland still run it some because they have a fairly good sized line and hard nosed runners.  Its also the game they want worse than any other,  Hampton is THE target for several schools they play, These smaller schools in the area want to beat them, they are just the measuring stick. Its not a bad thing ,its just a natural thing. Hampton will just have to play with passion and match their WILL.

8 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Its looking like jellico might get their first regional championship for the first in long time if ever I'm not very knowledgeable about the single a teams in upper Tennessee 

Jellico is much better but it’ll be a stretch for them to win on roan mountain. The Kentucky transfer portal has been nice to them but I don’t think it’s enough to stop Cloudland from their 3 yards and a cloud of dust style. Also Jellico is a slow scoring offense that struggles to throw the ball down field. Could they beat them? Yes but Cloudland will have to help them out like NG did. 

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

Its looking like jellico might get their first regional championship for the first in long time if ever I'm not very knowledgeable about the single a teams in upper Tennessee 

I’d be pretty surprised if they beat a healthy Cloudland. Unaka was without arguably their two best overall athletes Friday and it was still pretty close. Jellico will struggle to score even more against Cloudland and the landers are going to pound it until you eventually break. Jellico will need to figure out how to be more efficient offensively to knock off Cloudland. 

51 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

I’d be pretty surprised if they beat a healthy Cloudland. Unaka was without arguably their two best overall athletes Friday and it was still pretty close. Jellico will struggle to score even more against Cloudland and the landers are going to pound it until you eventually break. Jellico will need to figure out how to be more efficient offensively to knock off Cloudland. 

Like i said earlier,  you have to get to the 2nd level of our defense to hurt us or the corner.  I said a few weeks ago that there were guppies among the sharks.  We have our weaknesses but lack of effort isn't one of them.  Since moving Peppers to fullback,  Cland can be very physical and down hill.  We moved it pretty good on JC and they are a lot better than anyone else in our region.