Mcminn Central Chargers vs Meigs County Tigers

RichyRich

24 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

That would be something considered Central has only scored 21 in the last 8 seasons. :roflol:

309 to 21 

Fitzgerald isn't there to make a difference any longer. Central has the better staff and better team now. 

Could actually catch up in the next two games but I am sure they'll call the horses off by the 3rd Q so might take a few years to get to 310. 

Edited by catchnburn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

Fitzgerald isn't there to make a difference any longer. Central has the better staff and better team now. 

Could actually catch up in the next two games but I am sure they'll call the horses off by the 3rd Q so might take a few years to get to 310. 

What makes you so sure etowah has the better staff? One game against a Sweetwater program in turmoil?

1 minute ago, ElGoat said:

What makes you so sure etowah has the better staff? One game against a Sweetwater program in turmoil?

They do. Period. 3 Head Coaches on staff....1 GA State Champion DC, HC/OC is from a successful Bradley program, and OL coach is tied for most wins in a season as HC at Central. There are others as well that have brought knowledge and experience. Pretty cool for small town football to have that. Something Sweetwater probably cherishes right about now. 

47 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

They do. Period. 3 Head Coaches on staff....1 GA State Champion DC, HC/OC is from a successful Bradley program, and OL coach is tied for most wins in a season as HC at Central. There are others as well that have brought knowledge and experience. Pretty cool for small town football to have that. Something Sweetwater probably cherishes right about now. 

I guess that staff forgot to go with the team when they played a bad Signal Mountain team lol

1 hour ago, catchnburn said:

From what I've seen so far, I think our current coach Tommy is better. I thought highly of Fitzgerald as well so I'm not saying that because he's gone. 

If I had to pick, And things stayed the same, I'd pick Tommy hands down. The team has responded to him in a very positive way. The same team last year did not play with the Intensity this team has. Friday you will see what I'm talking about. :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, catchnburn said:

That’s cool you have 3 head coaches on staff… I guess? Bragging about your OL coach’s HC tenure isn’t the flex you think it is. Meigs County still has important coaches on staff from both state runner-up teams. Just a bold claim is what I’m trying to say… ultimately your bold claims and my skepticism of your claims have no bearing on the game tomorrow night, though. 

44 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

That’s cool you have 3 head coaches on staff… I guess? Bragging about your OL coach’s HC tenure isn’t the flex you think it is. Meigs County still has important coaches on staff from both state runner-up teams. Just a bold claim is what I’m trying to say… ultimately your bold claims and my skepticism of your claims have no bearing on the game tomorrow night, though. 

I'm glad one of them has come out of the wood work. It's the way this thread should have been all week. 

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

From what I've seen so far, I think our current coach Tommy is better. I thought highly of Fitzgerald as well so I'm not saying that because he's gone. 

If I had to pick, And things stayed the same, I'd pick Tommy hands down. The team has responded to him in a very positive way. The same team last year did not play with the Intensity this team has. Friday you will see what I'm talking about. :mrgreen:

Awesome! 

28 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

Unfortunately it's just me. Most Central fans wait until the game is over to gloat or if a loss, just not get on at all. Just trying my best to get it going though

I commend you for supporting the kids, and we can all throw in our thoughts but no one really knows until they play, but it’s good fun picking at the Central fans lol

• Upvote 1