Mcminn Central Chargers vs Meigs County Tigers

RichyRich

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Both teams played undisciplined. It was hard to watch at times. You have a strong offense when they are clicking. Get your defense to match that and your team could play with the best of them.

They have a good passing QB with some good receivers but their O and D lines are not very good. 

On 9/30/2023 at 6:42 AM, Yeti said:

Two of the turnovers were stripped balls if I'm not mistaken. All of the turnovers came in the 2nd half I believe?

Always dislike that many penalties when teams play, but it showed how much these teams wanted to beat each other. I could see us meeting again in the playoffs. It's looking like you are playing now for either 2nd or 3rd in the region where we are either going to be 1st or second. We still have Brainerd and Tyner. 

Yeti, I believe we finish second and will win our first round game then go on the rod in the second round to the number one of the other region and that will be it. However, if we can pull that one off we should be seeing you guys in round three. 

2 minutes ago, Blue222 said:

Yeti, I believe we finish second and will win our first round game then go on the rod in the second round to the number one of the other region and that will be it. However, if we can pull that one off we should be seeing you guys in round three. 

Round 2 for you all will be against Giles if my assumptions are correct. They will be a handful.

4 minutes ago, Blue222 said:

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck till you see us again if it happens that way. 

23 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

They have a good passing QB with some good receivers but their O and D lines are not very good. 

Centrals offensive and defensive lines have both been a pleasant surprise this year considering they lost everyone from last year. Especially the offensive line. Coming into the Meigs game the O line had only gave up two sacks all year. It’s not that Central is that bad it’s Meigs is just that much better. 

13 minutes ago, Blue222 said:

Centrals offensive and defensive lines have both been a pleasant surprise this year considering they lost everyone from last year. Especially the offensive line. Coming into the Meigs game the O line had only gave up two sacks all year. It’s not that Central is that bad it’s Meigs is just that much better. 

You are correct in your statement. I posted in last year's thread that if you didn't beat us last year you wouldn't do it this year. The game turned out about like I thought it would considering our team is about the same just with juniors and seniors and not sophomores and juniors like last year. I was impressed with your qb and receivers. They really have it together. You all have a good team especially offensively. You remind me alot of Sequatchie and how they played last year when we scrimmaged them.

42 minutes ago, Blue222 said:

I think if the O line was a little better you guys would be hard to stop on offense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I think if the O line was a little better you guys would be hard to stop on offense.

Central had 365 yards in total offense......Ran 60 plus plays.......225 yards passing and 140 rushing. Meigs had zero sacks and I do not recall any negative offensive plays by Central. You don;t have that kind of offensive production without good offensive line play. Central replaced all 5 starters on the OL.....when the season started, there was only 2 varsity starts between all 5 of them. Additionally they are on their 3rd Center due to injuries. For the whole season Central is averaging right at 400 yards in offense per game. Not bad for a bunch of first year starters in the trenches.

2 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Central had 365 yards in total offense......Ran 60 plus plays.......225 yards passing and 140 rushing. Meigs had zero sacks and I do not recall any negative offensive plays by Central. You don;t have that kind of offensive production without good offensive line play. Central replaced all 5 starters on the OL.....when the season started, there was only 2 varsity starts between all 5 of them. Additionally they are on their 3rd Center due to injuries. For the whole season Central is averaging right at 400 yards in offense per game. Not bad for a bunch of first year starters in the trenches.

Do you have the stats for the first half? A lot of those yards came in the second half when the game was over and some against the second unit.  The QB gets it out quickly and lets the recovers do the work, because we flushed him out of the pocket a lot. All I’m saying is if the O line could give the QB time for some plays to develop down field your offense would be hard to stop with the receivers you have. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Blue222 said:

I would like to some of those lineman going both ways.  I think it would be a game changer.  Make it a rotation.