What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

On 9/21/2023 at 9:53 AM, catchnburn said:

Exactly, if this suspension is based solely on the fans and parents then it is absolute buffoonery!

Surely it has to be something else? But was it something else when the winning basketball coach got fired? 

If it's based solely on fans, it mimics UT.....they didn't like schools choice of coaching hire and cried till they changed who they were hiring 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charger64 said:

Last I heard the QB did not give up passes of 77, 82 and 95 in the first quarter....420 yards passing in the first half......Almost 600 yards in total offense in 3 quarters....Bet they not replacing the D Coordinator who made zero adjustments...Bad precedent getting started in Sweetwater....dictating to coaches who to play. Sad for a traditionally proud program. 

No, but it does account for a lopsided score. I'm not laying any blame. All I'm saying is that it's easy to get blown out when you have 4 turnovers. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 7:29 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

As I mentioned they blow it up bigger than things may be but if the suspension turns out over disputes with parents or fans you'll never hear anymore about it because they want to make you think the worst. FYI last week the game against McMinn Central should have been a close one either way not a 44-10 beatdown. I even went with Sweetwater on that pick and wanted to know what could of happened for a team to fall like that and will it continue. I would love to hit many as possible but knowing things are going on at the clubhouse level can possibly determine who may win. 

They? Who was the they that blew this story up. We're not talking in general. We're talking about this specific situation and the specific news outlet that blew this up.

33 minutes ago, Random1234 said:

Who would ever want to coach at Sweetwater if all it takes is some entitled parents to complain little Johnny isn’t playing enough to get you canned. What a sh…. Show 

You think if the parents filled out the starting roster they would take blame for a loss when it happened? Asking for a friend. :mrgreen:

• Like 3

Parents & fans from Sweetwater were signing petitions and contacting the AD & School Board wanting him gone because he started his son. It’s small town politics & everyone knows everyone and parents wanted their kid to play QB & the people in charge listened. When Slover’s son did good you could still hear parents upset or criticizing the kid in the solely because he started over the hometown boy who just so happens to be close with the people in charge. So they are crying daddy ball but all the while they are wanting to play buddy ball. Apparently he’s getting investigated for discrimination for those reasons. Idk if it’s true and just a rumor but I’m told Slover doesn’t know why he is getting investigated. Also I’m told that coaches wanted him gone too because the assistants knew Slover didn’t want them because they aren’t good coaches. They were friends, classmates, or whatever with the AD, principal, and the higher ups on the board. He started interviewing more coaches and they didn’t like that. It has been said many times that Sweetwater want coaches from the town. This is something they do with coaches or players who aren’t from Sweetwater. They’ve had a few outside coaches who didn’t stick around in less than a year. It’s small town politics 

• Like 3

On 9/22/2023 at 1:05 PM, Charger64 said:

Last I heard the QB did not give up passes of 77, 82 and 95 in the first quarter....420 yards passing in the first half......Almost 600 yards in total offense in 3 quarters....Bet they not replacing the D Coordinator who made zero adjustments...Bad precedent getting started in Sweetwater....dictating to coaches who to play. Sad for a traditionally proud program. 

Some parents & fans want some coaches on defense gone too. Those guys have been coaching there for a while & they can’t call a defense good at all. Besides last year when they went 8-2, these coaches been around for a while. They gotta go. But again, they are friends with the higher ups