What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

11 hours ago, WaterboyH20 said:

So you leave a bigger program where your son was a backup QB last year , gonna be a starter this season, to take a pay cut to come to the water WHY??? I’m assuming he was getting pushback from that community because his son was going to be QB1.. He saw the writing on the wall so he bounced .. so he gets to Sweetwater and sees competition at QB and refuses to coach the kids at that position… don’t even give other QBs  a playbook or give him reps in practice, refused to put the other QB’s in with the 1’s because he knew they would outshine the chosen one.. Makes a lot of sense… Upperclassmen begging him to put “the freshman in”  and he refused… even made comments “so I’m told” that the Freshman could be the QB when he’s a Senior..IMO he was here for one reason only and that was so the little could be QB somewhere… The man never tried to engage in anything throughout the community, didn’t try to get to know anyone or anything so good job Sweetwater Admin,  better to cut the cord now than later

What’s crazy is people defending the bs that was pulled in Sweetwater. I’d be embarrassed if the HS did this at my children’s school. No one really thought of the kids. I’m sure the Slover kid’s feelings are extremely hurt. And the freshman QB most likely didn’t ask for this or needed this kind of attention or pressure over a game that is supposed to be fun. Adults are ruining youth sports. If there are kids  who are trying to get a scholarship this may affect their recruiting. Small town politics. When was the last time a kid got a scholarship from an ncaa team there. Slover  definitely has connections with universities especially Tusculum. It’s sad for the kids all around

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Booger said:

3 or 4 newly joined boot CoachT'ers now on board to opinionate just for this topic thanks to to Barneys new thread on the dumpster fire now ragin in the land of the lost sea and chinese educatin institute....unfortunate turn of events indeed..

...you want to keep guaronteed money in your pockets....when you see a parent or parents come anywhere within sniffin distance of any sport or sportin event from pre-k to 12th grade...lay that wager....9 outta 10x your goin to see Hades show up with drama to follow.....

....Barney should get a new T shirt....pun intended

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Booger they'll have to pump water out of the Lost Sea to put this fire out it's so big.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I stopped yesterday evening to pick up something to take home to eat and while waiting I glanced at the news on the phone and there were 245 comments at that time yesterday on WVLT News.  about this with a picture of the coach.

I just rechecked WVLT News on facebook and there are 796 comments right now.

44 minutes ago, VolsUntilIDie said:

What’s crazy is people defending the bs that was pulled in Sweetwater. I’d be embarrassed if the HS did this at my children’s school. No one really thought of the kids. I’m sure the Slover kid’s feelings are extremely hurt. And the freshman QB most likely didn’t ask for this or needed this kind of attention or pressure over a game that is supposed to be fun. Adults are ruining youth sports. If there are kids  who are trying to get a scholarship this may affect their recruiting. Small town politics. When was the last time a kid got a scholarship from an ncaa team there. Slover  definitely has connections with universities especially Tusculum. It’s sad for the kids all around

No coaches playing his son who doesn’t deserve it is ruining sports. The best kid should play. This isn’t pee wee football

3 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Let's not forget they did this to the basketball coach too. 

Parents complained on that guy and got him fired.  He had a great record and his kids had great grades but a few entitled parents weren't happy.  

So now they've done it to the football coach too? 

That place is a dumpster fire now.  Good luck getting an established coach to come there.  I predict they'll be wandering in the wilderness with sub .500 teams in many sports for many years.  Of course the parents who caused this will be long gone.  

Wasn’t the old coach there offering students his own vapes?

Edited by ProperVolGBO

Going forward head coach should be required to meet with parent committee on Thursday.  Parent committee will let coach know what players will start, how many carries for each back and which receivers to throw to.  They will also meet with coach at halftime, let him know what he is doing wrong and what to do in the second half.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SHSguru said:

I don’t have a kid and am not affiliated in anyway, so try again. You are talking about something you don’t have a clue about. Name drop all you want. There was assistant coaches, parents and administration telling him he needed to make a change and his comments are just spiteful and makes him look stupid. He questions core values and character yet he’s sitting a kid who was clearly better for his own kid who can’t run or throw to play the position…… I won’t disrespect his kid though because he is a wonderful kid who is a straight A student. But he’s not a starting varsity qb 

They both stink. Chatt Central & Polk county suck but if he beats the entitled Sweetwater folk will act like Dacus is the savior forgetting that Slover beat 2 bad teams and was throwing the ball well. But I bet you all were whining then & not supporting him. You guys make me sick & are bad influences on the kids. Y’all taught them crappy lessons 

• Like 1