What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

9 hours ago, TigerNation said:

Could it be that the only reason there was a QB controversy to begin with is because the community made it one? Slover completed nearly 70% of his passes for nearly 700 yards. I've seen both, Slover seems to be the better QB. Dacus doesn't beat Meigs, McMinn Central, or Stone Memorial from under center. Seems like Coach could've made the move any of those weeks and proved his point. Cant blame the QB entirely for the Central loss seeing as the entire town was up in arms after him and the coach. I find it odd that the "more to this story" so far seems to be so hush-hush. The optics are bad enough that it's time for administration to tell what it is, otherwise it looks like this is the second sports program your parents are content to run into the ground for no other reason than playing time and lineup cards.

i’m not saying Dacus beats meigs county, central or stone memorial, but if you were at those games and seen how they were played out you would know that these stats don’t show how the game was played with slover at qb. under two minutes left in the game  down to meigs county with plenty of time to score Coach slover called 7+ wr screen passes. the quarter back could simply not move the ball down the field and when he was called out by fans about the horrible play calling late in the game he responded in a very immature way. i don’t think slover is a bad coach and i think this team isnt very put together in whole but i do think from day 1 his son was going to be the starter and there was no question about it and it did hurt the team as you can see their lackluster season so far 

2 minutes ago, withthewater said:

i’m not saying Dacus beats meigs county, central or stone memorial, but if you were at those games and seen how they were played out you would know that these stats don’t show how the game was played with slover at qb. under two minutes left in the game  down to meigs county with plenty of time to score Coach slover called 7+ wr screen passes. the quarter back could simply not move the ball down the field and when he was called out by fans about the horrible play calling late in the game he responded in a very immature way. i don’t think slover is a bad coach and i think this team isnt very put together in whole but i do think from day 1 his son was going to be the starter and there was no question about it and it did hurt the team as you can see their lackluster season so far 

I saw how the Meigs game played out. You ran WR screens because Meigs was playing loose coverage and rushing three with the lead. Probably a better idea to get the ball out in space quick and let an athlete be an athlete than lob it up into double coverage. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

I saw how the Meigs game played out. You ran WR screens because Meigs was playing loose coverage and rushing three with the lead. Probably a better idea to get the ball out in space quick and let an athlete be an athlete than lob it up into double coverage. 

the screen passes was not there throughout the game as meigs county guards the flats very well, but as their secondary goes it was their weak spot in their defense, meigs played a good game especially number 7, but all in all meigs county’s secondary is their weakness and we could not exploit that due to our limited qb play 

No one will ever want this job now. You have an assistant principal/AD that hired himself to be the head coach when the talent was there and then resigned when all of those kids graduated. Now you have let the booster club members call the shots. The coaches kid did not do anything to cause SHS to lose to 3 pretty solid teams. Just awful for the administration there to let this play out this way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RiverRat95 said:

No one will ever want this job now. You have an assistant principal/AD that hired himself to be the head coach when the talent was there and then resigned when all of those kids graduated. Now you have let the booster club members call the shots. The coaches kid did not do anything to cause SHS to lose to 3 pretty solid teams. Just awful for the administration there to let this play out this way. 

Exactly right!

And when it's happened twice in the same fiscal year, YOU can't blame ANY other group or say "its the media" or "its the coach!" "There's more to it." 

In BOTH situations there has been "more to it." Why not come clean and say what that is? BECAUSE it makes the admin/AD/boosters/parents/fans look WORSE!

Edited by catchnburn

13 hours ago, withthewater said:

Coach slover called 7+ wr screen passes. the quarter back could simply not move the ball down the field and when he was called out by fans about the horrible play calling late in the game he responded in a very immature way. 

Another new account trying to defend the decisions of SHS and drops this nugget on us...... This is HS Football. Under no circumstances should a Coach be called out for his game plan or his play calling on the field during a game. The more you parents and fans talk, the more its clearly apparent how this Coach was treated from day 1. Sad situation and I agree with all the other established posters when they say SHS will have a tough time finding a good coach to take over with a fan base like you have. Sad.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Wildcats423 said:

first of all when he first came in it should’ve been a qb battle with two underclass men and neither have started at Sweetwater high school. So during that time they absolutely should have been coached the same and if you don’t believe that then that’s the problem. Second once the starter is named you don’t just throw the other qb to the side obviously your 1 gets the reps and majority of coaching but every coach still develops there players or they would never have a good program

it wasn't your call.  he can assess them any way he wants.  He can make the decision any way he wants.  it wasn't anyone else' decision, no matter y'alls meddlin opinion.  

My favorite part is that your all so blind that your still coming in here defending chasing him off.  I'd be shocked if you ever find a coach again unless it's one from internal.  Lots of luck...

13 hours ago, withthewater said:

your fans called the coach out during the game and you're worried about his reaction?  hahaha

23 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

your fans called the coach out during the game and you're worried about his reaction?  hahaha

bottom line is slover tried his best to make his son look good not the team and you can see he killed sweetwater’s season. i know most of you all have never seen a sweetwater game with him at coach it shows lol 

36 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

it wasn't your call.  he can assess them any way he wants.  He can make the decision any way he wants.  it wasn't anyone else' decision, no matter y'alls meddlin opinion.  

My favorite part is that your all so blind that your still coming in here defending chasing him off.  I'd be shocked if you ever find a coach again unless it's one from internal.  Lots of luck...

I’m done commenting back to you bc it’s obvious you have absolutely never watched a Sweetwater high school football game. Because at the end of the day you can sit her from the outside looking in and not give any care in the world. From an SHS alumni with no relation to the team unless you are at Carter field every Friday night watching the wildcats play I don’t really believe you have any opinion on the topic whatsoever. But for a full team of players to turn on a coach is pathetic and at the end of the day no parents matter no coach matters. It’s 100% about the kids and the fact these seniors have had half there senior year thrown away and this is the memory they will have, is absolutely a disgusting thought. 

19 minutes ago, withthewater said:

bottom line is slover tried his best to make his son look good not the team and you can see he killed sweetwater’s season. i know most of you all have never seen a sweetwater game with him at coach it shows lol 

So Slover was solely focused on making his son "look good" without a single thought given to any other kid on the roster? Give me a break.

It doesn't matter how many times these burner accounts keep trying to justify the actions of some prominent parents/fans who continue to show their collective a&&. The longer this charade goes on, the harder it's going to be for Sweetwater to come out of this in the long run.

Edited by osunut2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Wildcats423 said:

I’m done commenting back to you bc it’s obvious you have absolutely never watched a Sweetwater high school football game. Because at the end of the day you can sit her from the outside looking in and not give any care in the world. From an SHS alumni with no relation to the team unless you are at Carter field every Friday night watching the wildcats play I don’t really believe you have any opinion on the topic whatsoever. But for a full team of players to turn on a coach is pathetic and at the end of the day no parents matter no coach matters. It’s 100% about the kids and the fact these seniors have had half there senior year thrown away and this is the memory they will have, is absolutely a disgusting thought. 

Then you do a better job hiring the "fit" for the program! - or - You wait until the season is over to fire the guy. The decision to run him off mid season is not a good look. This only harms the program and does nothing to help this year's Senior class at all! The record would be the same! Now, the kids have this hanging over them and the program. Now they are a National laughing stock. Just can not defend it....sorry 

• Upvote 1