Battle of Champions - Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

Just now, 1OldPatriot said:

It was early. Both teams had to agree to cancel it or it would count as a forfeit. Why Jeff vs DB kicked off at 10pm

Incorrect. Both teams did not agree to cancel. Alcoa was prepared to stay as long as it took, but Greeneville school administrator stepped in and said they were not going to play that night….

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Knoxemdown said:

hardly means anything is my point.  they also barely beat mo west...

Greeneville had two 3 and outs. Their D line was gassed and Alcoa had the ball 1st and 10 at the Devil 29 yard line with 2:36 left in half… I liked our chances. Alcoa Also would have received the ball to start the 3rd…Unfortunately, we will never know the outcome. But the fact is, Alcoa would have stayed till 2:00 if that’s what it took and we were the ones with a two hour ride home…:thumb:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Your AD had the opportunity to put Alcoa on the schedule and ran away…Nice try tho! :thumb:

Alcoa have no room talking about running from teams because when Fulton  was dominating they called Alcoa every year to play but you all made up every excuse not to play.  Then once that group left, you all finally signed on the dotted line .  hahahaha. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Alcoa have no room talking about running from teams because when Fulton  was dominating they called Alcoa every year to play but you all made up every excuse not to play.  Then once that group left, you all finally signed on the dotted line .  hahahaha. 

Wrong again! That was completely on Jody Wright. Nice try tho! :thumb:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

you're saying he scheduled em every year in basketball but wouldn't let football schedule them?  make it make sense...

He sits on the TSSAA board. He interfered with our region set up, leaving Alcoa to travel to kentucky to complete a 10 game schedule. Therefore, the decision was made to dump Fulton which put them in the same position. I didn’t like it, but I completely understand why that decision was made….If I’m remembering correctly, I think Fulton had to travel to KY that year as well….

Edited by Throwdeslant

9 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

He sits on the TSSAA board. He interfered with our region set up, leaving Alcoa to travel to kentucky to complete a 10 game schedule. Therefore, the decision was made to dump Fulton which put them in the same position. I didn’t like it, but I completely understand why that decision was made….If I’m remembering correctly, I think Fulton had to travel to KY that year as well….

the whole board determines regions.  not one man.  Bologna again.

5 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

the whole board determines regions.  not one man.  Bologna again.

Hey, you asked. That’s what was explained to me from within the system as to what happened as it was happening…There was previous conversations between the Alcoa AD and Wright. Wright had agreed to let it be, but later decided to push Loudon to move out of region.. Sorry you don’t like the answer, but it is what it is…:thumb: if you actually think Alcoa was afraid to play Fulton at any point, you are never going to accept reality anyway. Good luck to your team this year! :cool:

Edited by Throwdeslant