Elizabethton vs Dobyns Bennett

pressboxhero1979

36 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Me too. My pick is more of a fear or even an alignment of the stars.

I’ve seen DB in person. I wasn’t impressed. But, you never can tell how these things can work out. Either way, both teams will benefit from the competition come playoff time. BOTH teams will need to play it, and then forget it. Get back to Region play and focus on the next game. Beating DB can’t be the highlight of our season, nor can beating Betsy be theirs. There’s too much more to play!

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I’ve seen DB in person. I wasn’t impressed. But, you never can tell how these things can work out. Either way, both teams will benefit from the competition come playoff time. BOTH teams will need to play it, and then forget it. Get back to Region play and focus on the next game. Beating DB can’t be the highlight of our season, nor can beating Betsy be theirs. There’s too much more to play!

Agree on every point.

On 9/25/2023 at 2:39 PM, lawnman said:

I keep hearing about the one from Union.

Sykes played most of the second half against Morristown East. Actually, looked really good. Yeah, it was East and he had to play behind the 2nd string offensive line but played with a lot of confidence. He looks like he's better with his fakes and is more mobile than Hurd. A better runner. His passes were on the money. Threw one 40 yards down the sideline to a covered receiver that was on the money for a completion inside the 5. I don't see him starting against Betsy but if things go south for DB you might see him come in. He's a junior so DB looks in good shape at QB for next year. 

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Sykes played most of the second half against Morristown East. Actually, looked really good. Yeah, it was East and he had to play behind the 2nd string offensive line but played with a lot of confidence. He looks like he's better with his fakes and is more mobile than Hurd. A better runner. His passes were on the money. Threw one 40 yards down the sideline to a covered receiver that was on the money for a completion inside the 5. I don't see him starting against Betsy but if things go south for DB you might see him come in. He's a junior so DB looks in good shape at QB for next year. 

Sounds like a great player.

43 minutes ago, lawnman said:

The battle of unbeatens

GMS came out on top 22-16. My takeaways. Both teams: athletes, both very well coached. Class acts and an abundance of sportsmanship and good well to go around.

Betsy won the JV game 14-12 in overtime. 
final assessment, it going to be tough on the rest of East Tn for a few more years.

16 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

GMS came out on top 22-16. My takeaways. Both teams: athletes, both very well coached. Class acts and an abundance of sportsmanship and good well to go around.

Betsy won the JV game 14-12 in overtime. 
final assessment, it going to be tough on the rest of East Tn for a few more years.

I just watched the game and your assessment is correct.Both teams well coached and have plenty of athletes.

On 9/25/2023 at 2:38 PM, noonesfool said:

Lawnman, forgive me for I do not know what I do. Indians in the upset. Key word upset, Betsy is better! 1. The game is at DB 2. Indians have played a much heavier schedule at this point. 3. DB is not that bad upfront with a hard running RB.

Whitten is the better coach and I believe Betsy has much more unity.

I’ll eat crow with any side you recommend. Having made my choice, I’m pulling for Region 1 4A. GO BETSY!

Hard game to pick. With it being at DB I think they might squeak it out?? Cyclones has the 1up on coaching, but DB has the 2up with home field, and battle tested with the heavier schedule. However, I wouldn’t be shocked either if the Cyclones win. I’ll say DB by 1 for now. I may change my mind before the game starts :D

Edited by Romansfive8