MAVERICKS @ DRAGONS (Thursday Rivalry)

92Dragon

AC is picking up speed after a tough start to the season against some good teams. The question is can their defense slow down Joshua Keith and the Dragon receivers, which give them the capability to score fast and from anywhere on the field, with big plays. If Clinton jumps out early, it may be hard for AC to catch up, but if AC controls the lines, runs the ball, and finishes drives and limits big plays on defense then I look for AC to win. Either way I think it’s close, but Clinton’s defense may not be able to stop the run and get AC off the field. Clinton’s kicking game is shaky, edge to AC there…AC in a close one 28-18. 

12 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

As big as Goins is, I would love to see him start running over defenders instead of dancing and spinning around. Just hit the holes and go north and south. 

I think the reason he's dancing and spinning around is because he's getting hit in the backfield as soon as he gets it.  There's rarely a hole for him to hit, much like Dozier and OR, but I see your point, you want him to put his shoulder down and take on a tackler.  

10 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I think the reason he's dancing and spinning around is because he's getting hit in the backfield as soon as he gets it.  There's rarely a hole for him to hit, much like Dozier and OR, but I see your point, you want him to put his shoulder down and take on a tackler.  

There was one play during the game when he got a pass out in the flat wide open, and I thought he would go for a good amount of yards, but he started that dancing stuff and about tripped over his self, then ole Pryce came in and laid a big submarine hit on him. Pryce packs a heckuva punch as small as he is.

14 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

There was one play during the game when he got a pass out in the flat wide open, and I thought he would go for a good amount of yards, but he started that dancing stuff and about tripped over his self, then ole Pryce came in and laid a big submarine hit on him. Pryce packs a heckuva punch as small as he is.

Yeah, that drives you crazy when just get up the field is a big play.  Davis has come along way and played a lot of football for the Ridgers.  He will be missed no question.  Great kid too.

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yeah, that drives you crazy when just get up the field is a big play.  Davis has come along way and played a lot of football for the Ridgers.  He will be missed no question.  Great kid too.

Man, he will be missed. He laid a Clinton kid out in the back of the EZ near the end of the game. Kid laid there for about 5 minutes. Thankfully he was alright, but it was a really hard hit.

3 hours ago, Bozothemav said:

Have confidence 

I really do but lord a scrambling QB like Keith are very dangerous for any team. Like Russell Wilson was here in Seattle. But once an opponent has figured it out then its game over for the scrambling QB. Seattle built there core line around Russell Wilson and done well won a super bowl. 

We just can't let him loose but we still have to rush and proceed With Caution. 

20 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I really do but lord a scrambling QB like Keith are very dangerous for any team. Like Russell Wilson was here in Seattle. But once an opponent has figured it out then its game over for the scrambling QB. Seattle built there core line around Russell Wilson and done well won a super bowl. 

We just can't let him loose but we still have to rush and proceed With Caution. 

No, you gotta heat him up and get after him, with a qb spy assigned to him. 

If Clinton loses this game, the wheels will completely fall off the dragon wagon.   They put on their yearly post Oak Ridge loss public meltdown after the game last Friday.  Same as last year, coaches yelling at coaches yelling at players yelling at other players, etc.  So, the wheels are already loose in the year of the dragon.  I'm sure 2-5 after seven games was not the plan for Clinton's "Best Team Ever" we heard all summer.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1