MAVERICKS @ DRAGONS (Thursday Rivalry)

92Dragon

29 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

No, you gotta heat him up and get after him, with a qb spy assigned to him. 

If Clinton loses this game, the wheels will completely fall off the dragon wagon.   They put on their yearly post Oak Ridge loss public meltdown after the game last Friday.  Same as last year, coaches yelling at coaches yelling at players yelling at other players, etc.  So, the wheels are already loose in the year of the dragon.  I'm sure 2-5 after seven games was not the plan for Clinton's "Best Team Ever" we heard all summer.  

This is all part of the Coaches plan. We're just holding back until the playoffs. :grin:

53 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

If Clinton loses this game, the wheels will completely fall off the dragon wagon.   They put on their yearly post Oak Ridge loss public meltdown after the game last Friday.  Same as last year, coaches yelling at coaches yelling at players yelling at other players, etc.  So, the wheels are already loose in the year of the dragon.  I'm sure 2-5 after seven games was not the plan for Clinton's "Best Team Ever" we heard all summer.  

I was wondering what that ruckus  was that was going on behind the student section stands after the game. A few coaches sprinted off the field, but I couldn’t ever see what actually went down.

Edited by SweetScience

The AC game doesn’t affect Clinton’s playoff chances, they control their own destiny, if they beat Lenoir City and Karns, they finish 2nd with a home field at least in the first round and maybe the 2nd. They would see a team like McMinn County, Walker Valley, or Rhea County first round at home depending on how that region shakes out. If they lose one game to LC or Karns they’re still in, just on the road….now if they lose both, they’re out.

Edited by Cactus Jack

6 hours ago, oridgecat said:

True Keith will take the path of least resistance obviously, once our line breaks through. I still thinking this reminds me of Pearl Cohen. We didn't necessarily want to flush out there QB and relied on our DB and LB. For the most part it worked. We could have at best of course IMO had a couple of other TDs. If we contain and our DB and LB play well we should , and I say should be ok. 

5 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

The AC game doesn’t affect Clinton’s playoff chances, they control their own destiny, if they beat Lenoir City and Karns, they finish 2nd with a home field at least in the first round and maybe the 2nd. They would see a team like McMinn County, Walker Valley, or Rhea County first round at home depending on how that region shakes out. If they lose one game to LC or Karns they’re still in, just on the road….now if they lose both, they’re out.

Clinton IMO played there rivalry game last week. And I want to say win or loser that was a really fun and exciting game to watch, both Clinton and OR. I got my money's worth. Haha Hard hitting, QB scramble unpredictable turnovers. I mean as someone that really could care less who wins or loses. That was fun. But AC doesn't need that this week they need to play solid football and they know the offence is centered around Goins and Keith. 

16 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Actually could be true. I hope Clinton makes the playoffs and does well. Teams grow during the season baring injury, or rather should grow, but they have a good shot at playoffs. 

Looking good for the playoffs?  All they have to do is beat LC or Karns and they're in the playoffs.  You think Flip Flops can pull off a victory over LC or Karns?  

On 9/25/2023 at 2:19 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

I really do but lord a scrambling QB like Keith are very dangerous for any team. Like Russell Wilson was here in Seattle. But once an opponent has figured it out then its game over for the scrambling QB. Seattle built there core line around Russell Wilson and done well won a super bowl. 

We just can't let him loose but we still have to rush and proceed With Caution. 

Russell Wilson them or now?