Dyersburg travels to “The Grind”

mg

11 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I’ve never used Massey until just now and it gave me Dyersburg winning. 

Massey predicts

Dyersburg 24

Westview 27

However, Cal-preps has

Dyersburg 28

Westview 14

This will be an interesting game either way.  As a Covington fan, the ideal thing for us would be for Dyersburg to lose this one and one more, and for Covington to win out in the next 4 region games. That would put us as the top-ranked team in the region. But, I have a strong feeling that won’t happen. I personally see Dyersburg winning at Westview.

50 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

As a Covington fan, the ideal thing for us would be for Dyersburg to lose this one and one more, and for Covington to win out in the next 4 region games. That would put us as the top-ranked team in the region.

What is the tiebreaker procedure? If Westview beats Dyersburg on Friday and Covington beats Westview on the last night of the season wouldn’t that create a three way tie if everyone wins their other games? 

24 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

What is the tiebreaker procedure? If Westview beats Dyersburg on Friday and Covington beats Westview on the last night of the season wouldn’t that create a three way tie if everyone wins their other games? 

Found this in an old thread on Coach T. I assume it’s the same in 2023:

Here are the official tiebreakers from TSSAA

1. Head to head

2. The team with the greatest number of victories overall

3. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win  50% or more of their games

4. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games

5. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

6. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. 

7. Coin flip

30 minutes ago, Primetime1 said:

Well just watched the Dyersburg/Northside film they didn't look like Offensive juggernaut to me. Pretty one dimensional. If they don't play better in the secondary Westview will score 50.

Just watched Ripley Westview game. If their run defense is no better than that Dyersburg will put up 50

4 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

Just watched Ripley Westview game. If their run defense is no better than that Dyersburg will put up 50

Obviously each staff is going to have their wrinkles but it’s more likely that Westview showed Dyersburg something in their game against Ripley than it is that Dyersburg showed Westview something in the North Side game.

Massey game prediction has Westview winning 27-24.

Keep in mind that these predictions use a computer algorithm that analyses data sets like points allowed and points forced, common opponent scores, schedule strength.

There is no “human” analysis, which can create inaccurate prediction.  The most glaring is the “points allowed”.

Dyersburg starting defense has allowed, I believe, less than 4 points per game average, however, on paper, the defense has allowed about 12 points per game. 

If Dyersburg comes out and plays to the level they played Covington, then this game will not be close.

You could see a 35-7 type game.

13 hours ago, TrickyD said:

If you watched our game with Ripley you saw they didn't have success running the ball. They scored on 2 busted coverages on long passes. I actually did watch the film on Hudl. Like I said looked very average to me.

4 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

If you watched our game with Ripley you saw they didn't have success running the ball. They scored on 2 busted coverages on long passes. I actually did watch the film on Hudl. Like I said looked very average to me.

If Dyersburg plays to win, instead of playing not to lose, Westview will be buying new doors by the truckload, because they’ll get blown off. Dyersburg played not to lose first half against Covington, 0-0. Lights out 2nd half, 24-0. I don’t remember if Covington even got a first down. If the coach makes the right personnel changes, y’all won’t stand a chance

1 hour ago, TrojanLC said:

If Dyersburg plays to win, instead of playing not to lose, Westview will be buying new doors by the truckload, because they’ll get blown off. Dyersburg played not to lose first half against Covington, 0-0. Lights out 2nd half, 24-0. I don’t remember if Covington even got a first down. If the coach makes the right personnel changes, y’all won’t stand a chance

I'm not a sunshine pumper like Primetime. I agree with this statement. It pains me to admit this but I dont think Westview is on Dburgs level. The game is played on the field tho so we shall see.